Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ibnfshn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ibnfshn

I know you saw those crappie condos killer made on the main board. You reckon those things would work around here? It sure caught my attention. Also I saw where you were ordering some jigs from Don G. I think it was. I didn't catch the brand. Is it those teezur jigs that they talk about on the main board so much? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CF, I don't remember what brand those jigs were. Don is suppose to send me ordering info and I'll pass it on to you when I get it. I don't see any reason those condos wouldn't work. Any structure is going to help. We made have to use more weight due to currents.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago we were fishing in Hertford and we watched this old man go along the bank sticking poles in the water. I don't remember how long they were but he must have been in 5-6 ft of water. Anyway, he put about 6 of them out maybe 25-30 ft apart and then started fishing around them. He caught fish around them. Later when we came back by he had taken in his poles and left. It sure amazed me but haven't tried it.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bill,

Do you fish jigs under your corks or just minnows on a hook or jig tipped with minnows? What is your favorite colors of jigs if you use jigs? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiefarmer
    Hey Bill,

Do you fish jigs under your corks or just minnows on a hook or jig tipped with minnows? What is your favorite colors of jigs if you use jigs? Thanks. CF
    Always jigs and minnows. I've never had much luck with tubes so I stick to jigs like Chennile Jigs, Shad darts, Northern's Gypsy and Fire Fly jigs. Cabela's carries all these if you want to look at them. Anything green/chartuse, pink/white and a few darker colored ones. And Pinkie jigs if you an find them. I guess I'm like everone else and have a tackle box full. I often pull something out and wonder where in the world I got that. Then if it works good, I either won't remember where I got it or if I do, I'll never catch another fish on it. LOL, everything is normal.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va