Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: small northern crappie lakes

Post Thanks / Like

Default small northern crappie lakes

I am lookin to hit some smaller crappie lakes here in north king county and snohomish county. These lakes have been on my list to fish for quite some time now and with this good weather i feel like doin some exploring. I was just wondering where i should be lookin for them right now. I know that each lake varies but even general info would be great cause i am still very much a crappie amateur. I will post reports if i get anything

Post Thanks / Like

what lakes?
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

i would definitely try out cassidy. they they are hitting like crazy out there on 1/64oz jigs and maggots. not many big ones but if you work at it you might be able to get some keepers.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sikes lake is clear enough that if you find logs you will find crappie spawning on them, but you need a float tube or cartopper to get into it.

Post Thanks / Like

so they are spawning in most of the smaller lakes? i heard there are some crappie in lake ballinger (how ever you spell that), cassidy is also on my list as well as a few others

Post Thanks / Like

i don't think they were quite spawning in cassidy because i casted out from the end and got a couple of females full of eggs. my guess is that by the end of this week they will be up shallow.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Man Urban, you are turning into a fishing machine!

Cottage is one of the best lakes up north for bigger crappie. You have to be able to carry your boat to the water though. Cassidy is killer as well. It takes a little work to fish the thick crap were the bigger ones hang out but there are a lot of crappie in that lake. I've nailed some slabs out of Pine Lake as well. I haven't been there in years though so I'm not sure what the population is like now. Don't forget Phantom either...slab city.

Down south you have Shady, Shadow (zipperlip lol), Dolloff (super zipperlip), Twelve, Trout, and Sawyer. Sawyer has some true slabs in it. You have to pound those canals or find the sunken trees off the islands but they are there.

Post Thanks / Like

cottage is pretty close to me, well at least closer than cassidy. I have been thinking of making a small wooden boat that i could carry easily and stick in the bed of my truck cause i love fishing those small waters

Post Thanks / Like

Im tellin you sikes is the crappie lake cough cough if you pm me I will tell you whats up.

Post Thanks / Like

Urban - I've built some small plywood boats for fishing small lakes and ponds.
    Phil Bolger is the best plywood boat designer. The one I use is the Elegant Punt 60lbs , simple to build , and it sails well. I use Cabelas boat dolly to wheel it down to the shore. Check out Dynamite Payson web site.

http://www.instantboats.com/