Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hd 7/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hd 7/20

Fished HD from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.. Temperature wasn't that bad, especially when you fall in trying to untie from a tree banghead. My buddy and I caught probably 50 using the Duckman's technique of dipping trees (minnows on 1/16 oz jighead). All were between 9" and 10", so was a catch and release day. Tried Big Bull and Marysville. Best bite for us was in Marysville area, trees in 20-30' of water and only fishing 10' down. Any deeper and you couldn't buy a bite.

Tried trolling for whites on the point at the end and caught a couple. Kept hanging in the brush on the breaks around the top of the point, so called it a day.

Name:  20120720_161904.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  38.7 KB
    "A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank." Ron Paul

Post Thanks / Like

TWG, catching small crappie are fun, beats watch Opra on the boob tube. Plan to attack them again Monday, probally Clinton, they seem to be larger.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished HD yesterday from 4:00-dark. Fished timber in big bull and little bull. Fished several trees in depths 10-25'. Had a tough time finding keepers the majority were 8-9.75". Could not keep a minnow on the hook due to all small fish. Switched to a single 1/16th oz jig with yellow and white tube jig and picked up a few keepers. End up with 5 keeper crappie and some whites. Caught 47 total crappie. Larger fish came right before sunset. Crappie nibbles seemed to help

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you guys had a great day out there. It's a lot of fun when a plan comes together!
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Springhill Duckman View Post
    Glad you guys had a great day out there. It's a lot of fun when a plan comes together!
    Thanks for posting all of your reports. It really helps the casual angler (like me) that can't get out there but once every two weeks. We've had decent success at La Cygne early in the month as well fishing for wiper using methods posted on kansasoutdoorsman.com.
    "A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank." Ron Paul

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that's what fishing is all about. Learning from each other and having a good time in the outdoors.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!