Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeeter aluminum boats?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Skeeter aluminum boats?

Anyone know anything about Skeeter aluminum jon's? I just picked up a used Skeeter aluminum jon boat. It's a 2000 1648 MV. I can't find any info on aluminum boats built by Skeeter. I'm thinking Yamaha had purchased Skeeter and maybe had someone else build a line of aluminum hulls for them. Then dropped the aluminum line.The serial number starts with GEN, same a a G3 boat I had. Anyhow it's a nice wide mod v hull which I mostly intend to use on electric only lakes near me. I have a slide bracket for my I-Pilot motor on my other boat, so I can just swap it back and forth. Someone built very nice all aluminum heavy gauge casting deck on the bow, but it's a little too big for my liking. I think this boat will be a long term project, dialing it in for my needs. I'll try and add some pictures toady.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Anyone know anything about Skeeter aluminum jon's? I just picked up a used Skeeter aluminum jon boat. It's a 2000 1648 MV. I can't find any info on aluminum boats built by Skeeter. I'm thinking Yamaha had purchased Skeeter and maybe had someone else build a line of aluminum hulls for them. Then dropped the aluminum line.The serial number starts with GEN, same a a G3 boat I had. Anyhow it's a nice wide mod v hull which I mostly intend to use on electric only lakes near me. I have a slide bracket for my I-Pilot motor on my other boat, so I can just swap it back and forth. Someone built very nice all aluminum heavy gauge casting deck on the bow, but it's a little too big for my liking. I think this boat will be a long term project, dialing it in for my needs. I'll try and add some pictures toady.
    Ron:::::::
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day
    Likes Red190 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The boat was manufactured by G3, who is also owned by Yamaha.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

They were built for Skeeter by G3. When Yamaha bougt them out they tried to get into the aluminum boat market. Don't think they sold to many of them. I know they had some quality control issues with the larger High Performance hulls at first. Meet a guy who bought one of these with a 150. Hull would split in the bottom. They were good to him though, he was on third hull when I meet him and had not cost him a dime. When they replaced the second one they paid him to take off work and to bring to plant and they swapped everything in less than a day.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the pictures will post. CG tag shows made by Skeeter in TX. I think Yamaha owned Skeeter and had G# build them. G3 has some very similar models now. Looks like it's built well. Gotta get that big front deck off. The original front deck is still underneath, and half the length. I want a pedestal seat base a the floor level, plus there's no access below the front deck as it's built.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron, remove the center seat for a lot more room. Boat looks well made. The previous owner did a great job on the front deck but I agree, it's too big.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, maybe we can try it out after you get it right. Can I get a one day permit their?
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Ron, maybe we can try it out after you get it right. Can I get a one day permit their?
    Wow, PA sure is proud if their fishing licenses, almost $28.00 for a 3 day. One day is the same price? If we go to Maryland, they would charge you the same price as NC would charge a Maryland resident. $10.00 for 10 days. Got a place in Maryland where I could use your help finding crappie too!

Post Thanks / Like

leave that front deck on there and mount two more seat brackets forward of the one in the middle. that way you can fish two up front and use the existing bracket to hold a sportsbrella in this unbearable summer heat.
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windstone View Post
    leave that front deck on there and mount two more seat brackets forward of the one in the middle. that way you can fish two up front and use the existing bracket to hold a sportsbrella in this unbearable summer heat.
    Wife has MS, gotta have her sitting down inside the boat. Good idea for me too, in case I fall out. LOL! PS We don't fish in the heat of the summer. Couch potatoes in the A/C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast