Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: "HELP needed"

Post Thanks / Like

Default "HELP needed"

need some help drop 60 pvc bed,mixture of porky pine beds and 4 in pvc trees.im tired of weed eat around them out in the yard.any volunteers?lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think it would be to hard to find volunteers. I get volunteers all the time, but they just want to know where my beds are located.

Post Thanks / Like

let me know day,date and time, I will help as long as the lake is within 3 hour drive form aurora

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Easy finding help wanting to fish them and even put them in. Can't ever find anyone wanting to help build them or help pay for building them.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

What lake u needing the help with the placing of said crappie houses???
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

now jarred, we had a bucket party at my house, and lots showed up , brought crete,buckets,stakes,beer,and worked there butts off, so,they are just quiet about it......

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot about that Mike. To secretive up here for that on Truman. It is a lot of work for sure. Finding/buying everything needed, pouring concrete, hauling to lake, loading them in boat, lifting off the boat and into the wate in just the right place. Only easy thing is hitting the way point on the GPS. Even after all that about 75% will not hold quality fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Even after all that about 75% will not hold quality fish.
    well that's good enough for me jared, think i will stick to fishing the 570,938,284,984,193 pieces of structure that is out there already and conserve what energy i have but i am also a lazy person at heart
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

What type of structural elements in a lake do you drop these on? Deep water flats, points, along a channel bend? I guess there is some thought put into the water levels at certain times of the year (spring cover versus mid summer cover), as well as where the thermocline usually sets up, and it being a hidden enough spot Joe Schmoe wouldn't find it by random chance. On a highly fluctuating lake, it would be difficult to have one home-made brush pile be in the sweet zone a large percentage of the time. For the amount of work put into making these, I would definitely try to get the highest percentage of them to be fish-productive.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of areas to put them like you said for differant times of year. Most of mine are in less than 12ft of water on flats and in creeks. Nothing is a secret spot with the new electronics that everyone has now. I may save my concrete money i use in buckets and buy the structure scan for my HDS unit.