Thread: Weedless jig, thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless jig, thoughts

Playing with Charlie Brewer weedless hooks
    Bronze Star jig by Dave Townsend (crappieincali) on this site
    Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  31.4 KB
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Should work just fine. Dave sure makes a good looking and productive jig.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing with it on the pole while in the pool last night, the tails on those jigs have more action than I would have thought. On the Slider jig/heads they hold a horizontal position very well.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

dang, them is good looking jigs, first I remember seeing them...

Post Thanks / Like

Most weedless jigs I come across have a barb or brussels running from the eye to the tip of the hook. I've tried them a couple of times before and missed so many fish on them it was un real. Those look like they should work though.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

have used C.B. hooks alot the last 2 yrs they work great for me

Post Thanks / Like

I still think you'll miss a bunch of fish. I don't think you'll get the hook pulled through the bait and then into the lip of the crappie in time. Hopefully I'm wrong b/c this would be awesome. This presentation (kinda texas rig, kinda shakey head) works bass fishing, but they almost always hit much harder and multiple times...
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure in the carrot style bait but the Charlie Brewer slider hooks with the slider soft plastic are a great bait in the spring time. Never had any issues with missing fish unless using under a fixed bobber. By some 15 to 30 lb braid and then you won't have to worry about having to be weedless.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice point made Jared

Post Thanks / Like

Braid issues. How the heck do you pull that stuff when you get hung up. My hands looked like Bob Cat wrestling was a hobby of mine. We started wrapping it around a stick, but that takes time "where's the stick". I went back to mono... I'd rather lose a jig or three (keeps Dave in business) than get sliced up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast