Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's your best tips for night fishing?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's your best tips for night fishing?

Hey guys! I've never had any real luck night fishing at my dock with car light floating on top of the water. I've had bait fish swirling my light but never could catch a fish.

I've been thinking about buying Real-lite from Bob on here to see if that helps. Plus I'm going to take the boat out this time. Any help would be great?

Post Thanks / Like

well since you have been using the floating lights at the dock, with no luck, and now your going to fish from a boat, I would say use the same lights, and see if they work for you, way back when I did a little night fishing we only had floating lights or coleman laterns hanging from a rod over the water and it always worked, try it, and if possible try to fish with someone who has been on the lake where you want to fish, if they can not be found, please be carefull....

Post Thanks / Like

Go with sipping whiskey instead of beer. You'll pee less often.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My best tip would be for you to learn the lake. Dont fish the same place twice and do your "scouting" about an hour before dark each trip to pick your spot for your NEXT trip. Dont be jumping around during the night. Pick a spot and give 'em time to find the lights and bite.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Click below
    "Night fishing tips 101"
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

bring a gps! every cove looks like the next in the dark. I got lost on pomme one time, and that aint a very big lake. also keep the deck of the boat clean and organized. don't want to trip over something in the dark and fall in.