Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Article sneak peak- from Crappie World Magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Article sneak peak- from Crappie World Magazine

SLIDE THROUGH THE WATER FOR COOL WATER SLAB CRAPPIE
    By P.J. Pahygiannis
    How would you like to catch crappie weighing three pounds or more this fall? How would you like to pull slab crappie out of that nasty cover on your home waters?
    Jackie Melton, owner of Arkansas Jigs (Home - Jack's Jigs), says fall is the perfect time to catch slab crappie from heavy shoreline cover on lakes and rivers.
    “When fishing rivers, the blackberry, grapevines and root wads vary from about one to 10 feet deep,” Melton said. “They are usually in and around eddy pockets or slack water just out of the current. The vines hang on the tree as it falls into the water. It makes a hiding place for baitfish and draws the crappie,”
    Kentucky Lake crappie guide and founder of the Legends of the Outdoors National Hall of Fame, Gary Mason has been throwing Charlie Brewer Crappie Slider Grubs on Kentucky Lake for slab crappie more than twenty years.

When?
    Both Mason and Melton agreed that the Slider Grub can work in both warm and cold water and explained their favorite ways to use them in each season:
    Water temperature - As with every technique, the Slider has certain water temperatures that help you catch even more. .
    “It seems like the warmer the better from around seventy five to eighty degrees,”Melton added.
    In Kentucky Mason has luck with the Slider in all seasons.
    “I have caught crappie all year long on Grubs both in cold weather and hot,”he said.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a 292 word sneak peake from a 1,400 word article I wrote

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys like it?

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish alot of slider grubs too. And yes, I catch fish on 'em. I longline 12 months a year and am having some great catches even in this heat.Thumbs Up
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good, for a sneak peek !!

No disrespect intended, but .....
    I don't know as I'd make a implied promise of 3lb Crappie .... some lakes just can't produce fish of that size. Now, if you changed that to "2lbs or more" ... you're still keeping the implication of a possible 3lb or better fish (in the "or more" portion of the statement), while still whetting the appetite of the reader by implying that fish of 2lbs are very possible. Many states have waters that can regularly produce fish of this size, and there's some that a 2lb fish is a once in a lifetime trophy.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

You've definitely got talent! Can't wait to read the whole article. When is the issue coming out?
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job!

If one person tells you something you can easily discount it, if 5 or 6 people tell you the same thing you might want to listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Any other comments/suggestions?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading the entire article. When I wrote one for the summer 2012 issue I was also encouraged to write with an eye to the person who wants to catch better quality fish but still have attainable goals. I agree with saying the opportunity to catch a two pound or better Crappie.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.