Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat trailor

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Boat trailor

I thought i'd go out and look at the trailer and see if i could figure out the tire wear problem. Jacked it up and put it on stands, pulled the first wheel off and the problem looked pretty clear. The axle looks like the Gateway Arch, it has a big crown in it. So i pulled the other wheel off and pulled a tape measure across the axle. Theres a 1/4" difference between the top and bottom (face to face) of the hubs. Wider at the top. So i guess i'll call the dealer back in the morning. I'm sure i did'nt hit or run ovr anything and theres no scratches are nothing. It had to be that way when i bought it. I guess quality control is a thing of the past. Lord i hope i don't have to fight with them to get it fixed, i'm about in the notion to just pull it out and straighten it myself just to save the trips and trouble...izzy Dang just noticed i misspelled TRAILER...
    Last edited by izzysfishin; 06-09-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy,
    According to my Redneck dealer buddy some axles are to have a bend in them. Looks like they over killed though.
    We had one like that on our car haler. We put a small section of tube cut in half on the axle and a hydralic jack and straightened it on the trailer.
    Oh ya we had to bind each end to the upper trailer with a chain.
    Hope they fix it for you though.

Post Thanks / Like

I called the dealer and he's calling Xpress, so i'm waiting on them i guess...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

My friend had the same issue with his new trailer from Diamond Trailer. Although the crown is designed into the axle, his was 1/4 different between the top and bottom of the hub. They replaced the axle free of charge.

G.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Gave them a week and called the dealer today. He said he's left 4 messeges and they have'nt returned his calls. I asked him for the number of the trailer manuf. so i could call them. He said he tried to call them also, that number is now directed to the boat manufacturer, he thinks they bought them out. I'm starting to get a little ticked. This is the same company (Xpress Boats) Slab Hunter had trouble with several months ago. Gonna give them another week and if nothing is taken care of, i'll fix it myself...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    Gave them a week and called the dealer today. He said he's left 4 messeges and they have'nt returned his calls. I asked him for the number of the trailer manuf. so i could call them. He said he tried to call them also, that number is now directed to the boat manufacturer, he thinks they bought them out. I'm starting to get a little ticked. This is the same company (Xpress Boats) Slab Hunter had trouble with several months ago. Gonna give them another week and if nothing is taken care of, i'll fix it myself...izzy

Sound as if Xpress Boats does not take care of problems after the sale.

Looks as if the word is getting out on this company
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

You got that right CH. The dealer i bought it from quit selling the Xpress line a month or so after i bought mine, because of the trouble he was having with them on warranty work. I really like the boat but i can't recommend them to anybody anymore, not with their attitude on repairs. The dealer even told me he would replace it (out of his pocket) but i would'nt feel right about it. Oh well i won't be able to go fishin for awhile anyway, so hopefully they'll come around...izzy

Tradingpost Guest

Izzy,

Have you contacted a lawyer about the problem? A Lawyer can get through to them better...It is most definately a Manufacturer goof, and they need to fix it. But they may try and put you on the back burner..But doubt they would with a Lawyer.

Tradingpost Guest

Cool

Izzy,

Have you tried a Lawyer? Sometimes these companies think they can put us little folk on the back burner, and forget about us, But they can't do that with a Lawyer.

I think the Manufacturer had made a goof and need to fix the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

The cost of a lawyer would be more expensive than a new axle. I think i can get one made locally for around a 150 bucks and i really think i can fix it myself if i have to. By the way Tradingpost, welcome aboard...izzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast