Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Neat Ideas for your Kayak

Post Thanks / Like

Default Neat Ideas for your Kayak

This guy has a blog with some neat storage rigging ideas for his kayak, what's some ideas that you guys have found useful for your kayaks?

Saltwater kayak fisherman: Kayak Live well & Dry Box (Part 1)

Thanks,
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. One thing I've learned about mine ...you never stop learning, or experimenting. One thing I will tell you for sure though Predator - Ditch has got it right by having his rods level to and about a foot or less above the water. Watch him close. Basically all he does is paddle very slowly and scan back and forth - watching his rod tips. I'll bet HE sets the hook on the majority of fish he catches, while guys like you and me pretty much wait 'til they hook themselves. That comes from MANY HOURS in a kayak ...

Z

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if there is a way to rig up some rod holders using some of the cheap ones at academy and some PVC. That way I could remove it as needed and it wouldn't require any drilling. Anyone ever mocked up something like that? I am all about some scotty rod holders but trying to think outside the box and see if I could make some kind of cool modular system.

Post Thanks / Like

Predator130,

Good luck, I tried several creations of my own making that didn't work. The first rod holders I bought were not flush mounts. They got in the way then I was doing other types of fishing. You also need the ablity to lift the rod tip to set the hook. Some rod holders will require you to push the rod forward and out of the rod holder before you can lift the rod tip, this will cause a lot of misses.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll should check out Callshy's HiTekStuff. Scott is a sponsor on the board AND local to our area..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stymie View Post
    Ya'll should check out Callshy's HiTekStuff. Scott is a sponsor on the board AND local to our area..
    Thanks, he had already contacted me and we are working on something. Do not see where it will be all that hard to do.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a thread on spider rigging from your kayak.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/kayak...ng-my-yak.html