Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LFT Lures Fluorotex Panfish Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default LFT Lures Fluorotex Panfish Line

I don't know if you guys have used this line yet but we have been having great success with it. This line is awesome guys, we've caught everything from bluegill to walleye on it. 6lb test, check it out!
    Here's a review we did of it.
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures Fluorotex Panfish Line « D & B Ice Adventures's Blog

Post Thanks / Like

From your review:

Line diameter is an important dimension to what fishing line we select. Many of the jigs we fish have very small eyes and at times the line can not be threaded through. The line diameter of the 6 lb. line is 0.010″ (0.26mm). The other two options are as follows: 8 lb. – 0.11″ (0.29mm) and 10 lb. – 0.012″ (0.32mm). It is on par with many competitors products.

That is frightfully thick. It's the same diameter as Seaguar 10#:

Seaguar Product Details - TATSU

... and 8# Vanish:

Fluorocarbon | Berkley Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

The 8 lb is .011 not .11, probably just a misprint, however this is not "frightfully thick", it's the exact same diameter across the board as Viscous, Suffix, Stren, Wally Marshall, CandC, etc..
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kingkrappie View Post
    The 8 lb is .011 not .11, probably just a misprint, however this is not "frightfully thick", it's the exact same diameter across the board as Viscous, Suffix, Stren, Wally Marshall, CandC, etc..
    I didn't check those lines, but that just means that they're mislabelled, too.

My point is only that virtually every line sold in the US is stronger than the label suggests. If the diameter is .26mm, it's not 6# line, regardless of what the label says.

Actually, I guess I have another point: "Line is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." :D
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 07-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and My tournament partner have used this line for almost a year now. It's simply the best line I have ever used. Its tuff as nails as I have landed a 30+ lb Buffalo on the 8lb and it is Smooth as silk!

We use 14' rods and this line makes detecting the light bite real easy.
    It has been a big part of our success fishing tournaments in the Home - Indiana Slab Masters We put it on before our Classic last year and won. This year we have 4 wins, two 2nd places and two 3rd place finishes with an average of 33 boats a tournament.
    This line combined with the Live Baby Shad from Lake Fork is a deadly combination.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using it for several months on several of my reels. It has been some good line. Can I say it is the best line I have ever used, not yet. I have had no problems with it but have not seen anything that puts it up and beyond others, yet. I will say that the orange color line shows up well at night with the lights we use. I will continue trying it too see if I can find where it is that much better.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle