Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Curious about names

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious about names

Hi everyone,
    I have noticed alot of user names on this site seem like they might have an interesting background. Just curious about how some of these names came about. I am an avid deer hunter and my wife had a t-shirt made up for me one time that had a beautiful buck on the front of it. On the back were the words "treepotato". She said I spend so much time perched in a tree that I was a treepotato instead of a couch potato. LOL . So the name just sorta stuck. If you would take a couple minutes I think we would all get some chuckles out of where some of these names came from. Thanks to you all and hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!! .........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from NC and my name is Nat.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is the same as my license plates on my truck. My wife got them for me several years ago.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

About 20 yrs ago, I went crappie fishing with a friend of mine who introduce me to trolling. I was instantly *HOOKED* from then on....One day I returned home from the lake with a nice mess of slabs in the livewell, and spotted my dad's truck at the local watering hole, so I pulled in to join him for a cold one. :D We walked out to the truck so he could see my catch, with several older men following behind us to get a look too. I was trying to explain to one of the older gentleman about *Trolling* and what all the rod holders were doing on my boat ....After a while of trying to explain (he had had quite a few) he looked at me with a glase in his eye's and said...* so you combed this creek huh? I answered, yea basically I guess you could say that.....He said well CreekComber, ya sure did a good job of it.....So I named my boat *CREEKCOMBER* ..........By the way, I gave everyone of them old men a good mess of fresh crappie's that day :D ............Ronnie

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is simple it is my firest name and all the grand kids and all the kid in my daughters daycare call me papasage . so that stuck . if my name had to do antthing to do with fishing i guess it would be boat man . or boat junkyard i have 5 boats . 4 running and ready to go . the other one wouldnt take much to git it running.
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a web developer, or web head, or ed web head, or edhead! :D

I dono, it just happened. When I created this message board, I just happen to choose edhead for the admins username. I have another user name, Slab, which is really the one I wanted to use, but I'm always logged on as the administrator id, edhead, so that's what I post with!
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose One AM LOL

Well back on June 2nd 1990 I almost died in a force 4 tornado in Petersberg IN. I was attending a wedding and after the Tornado stuck the Moose Lodge where were were partying we had to go out an rescure others who didn't make it inside the lodge. They told me later that the tornado went right over the MOOSE LODGE where I was ducking under a table in the basement holding onto my then wife. I tried to use the name Moose on the MSN Zone but it was already taken and there were moose1 moose2 moose3 ..... all the way up to MooseN. Then there was another guy on another forum that went by the name sam_I_Am so I decided that I should add the I Am to the end of Moose. That seemed to work on the Internet gaming zone fine and there were thousands of internet zone players logged onto the zone at any one day. But somehow I must have used the number 1 instead of the letter "i" and it became Moose1am. So just think of it as someone that routinely types messages on the internet forums until ONE AM in the morning and who should have died in that tornado but got lucky. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Good topic for a thead!

I was branded with my site name by an old tournament partner. During a tournament one day, we had been going on with each other like on Saturday Night Live: The Timster, Timorama, The Timinator(my old nickname). Anyway, long story short, I was throwing micros sight fishing, when what I though was a log came flying up at my bait. I set the hook like my son was getting chowed on by jaws himself! The slab was huge, but that didn't stop him from flying through the air, and off of my jig! The 1st thing out of my partner's mouth was my web name. It has stuck for years, but I really just go by "The Rippa" for short. Incidently, I dubbed him with the name Tree Trimmer! LOL! :p You can probably guess why!

By the way, FATBOY, two of us would make a pretty good front line!

<,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default crap-king

most folks around here think i am full of crap - and I jave been called the king of crap - nothing really to do with fishing - but since this was a crappie sit and I love to crappie fish it just felt like the name fit
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt if there are many coonhunters who frequent this board but they would know that a redtick is a breed of coonhound. I breed English Coonhounds (redticks) and use the username Redtick on a number of hunting and fishing message boards. If I am not fishing, I am hunting or vise-versa and I hunt English on coon, beagles on rabbits, and Mt Curs on squirrels. I am fortunate and have Champions in all 3 breeds.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast