Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This weekend on the Grand

Post Thanks / Like

Default This weekend on the Grand

Early start Saturday, went up, fished outside of a creek/cove on channel edge timber, limited on some nice healthy crappie. 30 fish cleaned and bagged, then headed to RC Cabins to meet the wimmens for a night of fun.

Late start Sunday, fished the narrows around the second power line. Limited on a bag of mixed size crappie with some hogs thrown in. Might have three or four that went over 2#. Caught two of them on the same clump.

Color didn't seem to matter much. Silver/white, silver/char, blue/char, blue/white, black/char are the colors we cycled through. Caught a few nice ones doing the double rig again. 1/8 oz. jig head, color of choice, one foot above that just a minnow hook with minnow.

Bonus fish both days caught by Ralph was a 3-4# blue cat. That is a fun fight on those long poles.

Tried fishing this weekend on butt/bass seats. Legs are tired this morning. Head is fuzzy.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuzzy head has nothing to do with butt seat does it??????????
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Nope. That is due to Leinenkugal's Summer Shandy (beer) last night at the pool.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great weekend! Wow 3 or 4 over 2 lbs,,, banner day for sure! Be nice to see pics, don't think I've ever heard of 3 or 4 2lbr's b n caught on truman especially in july... I've got an xtra pair of digital scales
    Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 07-16-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were impressed. Kept us going when we'd hook one. Now, to be honest, we didn't have scales. I go by what the average fish of that length should weigh in at. They were 14.75, 15" and 15.0016 respectively. The other one didn't get measured. They were not poorly either, nice fat shoulders, high arch... good catch. The two that came out of the same clump were under a ball of shad, 10-13 fow, bumped it off the bottom, WHAM!

Need to replace my scales, nephew "mistakenly" put them in his tackle box when he was here last.

And camera, gotta start taking the camera more often.
    Last edited by G.Gordon; 07-16-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

you must be one of them famous tv fishermen, they have a scale in their elbow, hold a big bass up for the camera, look at their elbow and say "yep, that's about 10 lbs"

Post Thanks / Like

Don't even try to get me to face the reality that those might have been 1.5# fish. Won't believe it.

Post Thanks / Like

not me buddy i believe you all the way Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish no matter what they weighed. I am a bit skeptical tho. Usually a fish needs to be 16 1/2 to 17 inches to weigh 2 Lbs out of Truman this time of the year. Sounds like a great weekend for sure.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Shush it!! I'm telling you, these were exceptional fish, EXCEPTIONAL!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast