Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: June Crappie -- Summer Patterns Are Upon Us

Post Thanks / Like

Default June Crappie -- Summer Patterns Are Upon Us

Howdy All !

Hope everyone got a chance to get into some springtime/spawn crappies.
    If you do any crappie fishing at all, chances are, you fished the pre-spawn or post spawn ..... and likely got into some big, egg-laden females, as well as some pitch-black colored males defending the nests.

As the official start of summer approaches, many crappie are still in post-spawn mode, and will be roaming off of shoreline cover -- and into main-lake areas -- like edges of deeper weedlines, sunken creek channels, and
    around underwater points, in 12 to 20 feet of water.

Mid-summer evenings are my favorite time to target slabs, because their
    movements actually become more predictable. During the summer, especially after dark, crappies can be found in the areas mentioned above,
    and with the proper equipment, you can limit out on foot-long slabs in a matter of 3 or 4 hours.

If anyone would like more information on nightstalking for summer slabs,
    please feel free to contact me. Nightstalking for crappie is my specialty, and during the summer months, it's the ONLY kind of fishing I do !

Good luck to you all, and keep all of us here at the forum posted on your successful outings, related news, and any upcoming events.

Kaptain K.

Spindoctor Guest

Default September crappie patterns on Chaut?

Kaptain K.-Can you help me out with some September crappie tips on Chautauqua or Findley Lake?
    Thanks in advance.
    Bud