Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frabil areator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frabil areator

I have a Frabil areator that I bought and put on a homemade minnow bucket. The first few times I used it It was very quite, now it sounds like a chainsaw running in the boat. Is there anything that I can do to make it sound like it did when it was new?
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"

Post Thanks / Like

jbf..take the back off where the batteries are and depending on the model you might have to take another cover off to get to the motor. Motor should have a small hole in shaft side that you can put a drop of oil in it to quiet it up. Been doing this to mine for a long time, really helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Frabill & a lot of other companies are using the same pumps. China Junk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tail chaser View Post
    Frabill & a lot of other companies are using the same pumps. China Junk.
    Chances are that there isn't one of these motors available that are american made!!!!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to find a hole to oil mine through and couldn't fid one. Took out the 3 screws that hold pump to motor and put a small dab of silicone grease on drive pin. Quitened her right down. Just be careful putting it back together. Got another one about 6 months old and it just flat quit pumping. Took it apart about 30 times and I can't find anything wrong. Everything seems to be working just like it should but no air.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Check the stone ..it'll will get plugged/oxidized sometimes. Either replace it or soak it in some vinegar.... rinse it and try that. Also have had the pump diaphragm get a small hole in it and quit pumping air. Then it's time to chuck it......on a side note had my wife help me with the spelling of diaphragm..she wanted to know why I'm discussing birth control on crappie.com.........too funny lol. Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't we build a good USA pump ? I just can't believe that as popular as minnow fishing is in this country we can't get a decent aerator. I have used about everyone out there, & They "just don't last ", I'm tired, I'm sick, "I'm P****d. I'm getting a Yetti. My latest purchase was a Frabill Aqua-life. $ 70.00. My guy at the bait shop recomended it. I was leaning with the Aero Bait. Anyway , it lasted about 4 or 5 trips & became so noisy, we had to shut it off. Next trip it quit. Called Frabill & they said ship it back. $ 9.00 shipping. They replaced it. You have to send the whole lid back, because the pump is secured with special screws that they don't want you to dis-assemble. I got the new lid & pump. BINGOOOO !!! It lasted about 5 or 6 trips. I used a small screw driver & removed the whole inner pump, wires .etc. I replaced with another bubbler & a bungee cord. It is still working. I was leaning with the one called ,I believe ,the Areo Bait & the bait guy said , they don't last either. The pump unit is in the bottom of thr pail. Water shorts them out too. Don't all minnow buckets get wet from time to time ? Anyway I looked at them at BP & Cabela's , & was wondering how the pump is in those units ? Thanks, disgusted in Ohio, Don.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of those units that you hang on the side of a bucket. I did a lot of searching to make sure it had good ratings. Sorry I can't remember the name of it. Then I took the pump out of it and installed it in my Frabill. That was quite a while ago and it is still working good.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

That's the same thing I did Bill. After removing the original Frabill pump, I had a extra one laying around & replaced it were the hollow cavity was . It's called a Hush Bubbles. It still has the same pump, bladder as the Frabill. It looks like most venders are using the same China pump, just different outter jackets. I mean by now , aren't these venders complaining about this China Junk, & trying to solve the problem. C'mon you young American fishermen, with a little inspiration, design a American Pump.

Post Thanks / Like

Designing the "american pump" is not the problem, you couldnt afford it if it was produced.banghead
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast