Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Lew childre bream busters

cletus Guest

Default Looking for Lew childre bream busters

Looking to purchase several Lew Childre bream busters 12 ft length. I cant find anyone in South Carolina that carries them any more.If anyone has any suggestions to where I might mail order some this imformation would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't help you with Lew Childre, but BnM makes good poles in that length. Check out their Little Jewels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Childre Poles

You can find the Childre poles at Hick's Inc. in Luverne Al. They have a web site(search hicks inc) or you can call them at (800)334-6101. They will repair your old poles if you send them to them(I thinks it's $4 per section plus return mail)and they are really nice folks. I really do like the green 12 ft. poles made by Childre that I have and I have a couple of 14 ft ones also. They are the lightest poles that I have ever been able to find. Maybe this will help.

cletus Guest

Default childre bream busters

Quote Originally Posted by Crappierifle
    You can find the Childre poles at Hick's Inc. in Luverne Al. They have a web site(search hicks inc) or you can call them at (800)334-6101. They will repair your old poles if you send them to them(I thinks it's $4 per section plus return mail)and they are really nice folks. I really do like the green 12 ft. poles made by Childre that I have and I have a couple of 14 ft ones also. They are the lightest poles that I have ever been able to find. Maybe this will help.
    Thanks for the imformation I will call them about purchasing some poles, thanks again

cletus Guest

I called Hicks INC they do not sell to the public. any other suggestions would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

They should be able to give you a list of dealers who will sell to you.

If not, get a graphite Little Jewel from BnM. I have two!

cletus Guest

deathb4disco Ive had four 12 ft little jewel graphite poles in the past 12 mnths and all got broke one way or another. They dont hold up as well as I think a 30.00 pole should. Had 4 or 5 lb catfish break 2 of them, one broke when I pulled the line down to adjust the bobber,and one broke setting the hook in a fish. I realize that graphite is not as durable as fiberglass. but this is starting to get exspensive. I have a place on santee cooper and fish 2 to 3 days a week so the poles do get used alot. I have had better luck with the bream busters and I finally found a place in sumter SC that carried them. I purchased two childre graphite super bream busters and two Hicks fiber glass bream buddys. I am new to this board and sure apreicate all the imfo you guys gave me. thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

cletus,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Little Jewels. How heavy was the line you were using? I never use over 4# on a light pole like that.

I checked my rod rack last night. I've got two graphite Little Jewels and four fiberglass Black Widows (two 10' and two 13') plus two South Bend 12 footers.

Glad you found what you were looking for, though!

cletus Guest

deathb4disco that could possibly be the problem I use 8 lb line but 4lb would be light for the cover I fish in, even 6 lb would be pushing it. If these graphite bream busters cant take it Im going to go back to strictly fiber glass poles
    Last edited by cletus; 06-08-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

dont know how close you are to sumter, sc but simpsons hardware carries the lew childers bream busters and so does williams sporting goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast