Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nice night -- again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice night -- again.

Saturday report. My son Mike and I were scheduled for a wade fishing tournament on Saturday here in the Birmingham area. But because of heavy rain Friday it was postponed. Since Mike had already driven up from Auburn we decided to drive to Lake Logan Martin Saturday afternoon so he could bass fish a little and we caught a few, nothing big. Around dusk I took him back to the launch and he headed back to school. I got some minnows and headed back out on the lake. By the time I got on my spot and all set up it was after 9pm. By midnight I was only 4 shy of a limit (30) with all of them 10.5 to 14 inches, and was out of there by 12:30.

All in all, a very nice day/evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by eddiebhome; 06-04-2006 at 01:00 PM.
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch eddiebhome those will taste good, and its good to see that you and your son have a good relationship and fish together.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we had a similar night. Nice job!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Eddie,I to fish Logan Martin alot,One ? though.In the pic- where you got the two fish.I noticed the clamp on light.I know you have an 12 volt bulb,I've often thought about using them.How long will they burn at night before they pull the battery down?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Eddie. They'll be good in the fryin' pan!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole
    Nice catch Eddie,I to fish Logan Martin alot,One ? though.In the pic- where you got the two fish.I noticed the clamp on light.I know you have an 12 volt bulb,I've often thought about using them.How long will they burn at night before they pull the battery down?
    On one battery I run one 12V clamp on light plus a floating crappie light or a Q-beam submersible light. On another battery I run two of the 12V clamp-ons. Both batteries will run the lights for at least the 4-5 hours I'm out. I'm not sure how big the deep cycle batteries are, but the bigger they are the longer the lights would last.

The clamp-ons are really good for illuminating my pole tips, which I often spray paint fluorescent orange. I also clamp one to the top of my rear navigation light (which is behind us so it doesn't blind us) and shine it down into the boat, making it a lot easier to rig lines, remove swallowed hooks, etc. (And when my wife goes with me, she uses it to read her book by.) See the attached pictures to see where the clamp-ons are. In the front.jpg picture you can see the reflector clipped to the front of the boat and the black wire running from the battery on the right runs over the side of the boat to the floating light.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by eddiebhome; 06-04-2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men...Matt 4:19

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bunch of fish there, good going...

Gonefission
    Bill