Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Is it legal. . .

PGottshall Guest

Default Is it legal. . .

Is it legal in IL to drop structure in the water? I've been reading in the main forum about Killer's PVC "Death Stars", & am interested.

Does it matter if I do it before daylight?

Thx,
    Paul
    Last edited by PGottshall; 11-24-2004 at 09:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default it depends

Each lake may differ but, Ranger 375 told me you not suppsed to on Lake Shelbyville. He actually called the lake office and they said No because of liability
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Wardy Guest

I know in Illinois that it is illegal to put anything in the lake. Guys do put brush piles in but they should not... Several reasons... 1. You never know who is putting what in the lake.. remember this is the whole public we are concerned with.. 2. Navigation hazards.. Most people won't have a problem anchoring stuff or placing it in the right spot but.... Fools are born every day. A liablity problem comes in when you are on a cooling lake and such... They don't need your christmas tree lodged in their intakes. Structure is good for everybody but is better done by an organization at the direction of those responsible for the lake. Permits and support efforts are usually well recieved.
    Hope this helped...

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure some "structure" gets placed regardless of the law. I think that a wise person placing such stucture wouldn't want everyone to know about it anyway. And, before daylight would be a good time to do it. I am sure not advocating anyone breaking any laws. :rolleyes:
    They are supposed to be placing Christmas trees over at Lake Shelbyville soon. I think they are giving volunteers a free lunch. I am sure they will appreciate all help and the helpers would sure know where such structure is placed.:D

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to find out where and when DNR will be putting trees out and post on the Illini board. If anybody finds out before I do please go ahead and post info.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville