Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wappapello Report 6/3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello Report 6/3

Tried it again this morning. Caught 60+ fish in 12-14' of water, with 7 keepers. All were caught trolling minnows and the fish were suspended from
    5-7'. Biggest fish was 10.5" I just can't seem to find any fish of any size at all at that lake. Just can't seem to figure it out.

If anyone has any pointers at all on that lake I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Just speaking for myself, the only times I really caught big crappie out of Wappapello is when it was flooded and I was fishing in timber at tree stand high. Most of the fish I've caught from there are dinks. I personally feel that its been too many years of extreme fishing pressure on the crappie. The new rules will help but it will take 2 or 3 years to see results. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Speck

You ever do any good over at Lake Girardeau? I live north of Jackson up near Millersville, and it sure would be nice to have a place to catch some decent crappie near the house. I've been to Lake Girardeau several times and have only caught a few dinks. Kinkade over in IL is the same for me, lots of dinks.

Closest place to home that I catch nice fish is Lake Egypt in IL, and Reelfoot.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Girardeau doesn't have alot of crappie in there but if you can find them, they're usually pretty good. 12" to 14" are comon. You just have to work hard for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMOmike
    You ever do any good over at Lake Girardeau? I live north of Jackson up near Millersville, and it sure would be nice to have a place to catch some decent crappie near the house. I've been to Lake Girardeau several times and have only caught a few dinks. Kinkade over in IL is the same for me, lots of dinks.

Closest place to home that I catch nice fish is Lake Egypt in IL, and Reelfoot.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff