Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing from a tracker boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing from a tracker boat?

ok i use to have a tracker PT 170 tx but ended up having to sell it due to no time to fish but i would take my boat out for a few hours to fish and everything would be ok but when i would go out for an extended period of time say 4-8 hours of fishing by the time i would get the boat loaded back up my lower back would be killing me and i got to looking at the way my boat would sit in the water and it always sits on an angle and ive noticed this about other tracker boats and my question is that after fishing from your tracker boat does your back hurt and does this effect your fishing trip and is there a fix for this or is it just the way the tracker boats are made
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

I usually fish 2 people up front. and it sets pretty much level.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know but could depend where batteries and gas tank located. Smaller boats worse with one person in them. Next could be seats , if you fish much it could help to have high quality seating.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Josh,
    I hurt my back years ago and it does not bother me unless I sit for a long time, like a long car or plane trip. Sounds to me like sitting for 4 to 8 hours is the problem. If you could take a break and get out and walk around for about 10 minutes to break up the sitting I bet you would see a difference. I use it for a potty break of to grab a coffee or cold drink if there is a marina nearby.
    That is what I do on a car trip and it really helps.
    SeaRay
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think high quality seats would cure (or atleast help) the problem.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of a friends Tracker TX170 for years, prior to getting my own boat, and did find them to be a bit tippy (side to side) when the other person was moving around (even changing which side they were fishing from). The cheap seats are a problem, and the seat posts are not made for a "tall" person (>6'). I did purchase an offset seat post, that did help ... and even use it on my boat, now.

Seems like most all boats are mfg'd to balance out & sit level in the water, without anyone aboard. But, put someone in the drivers seat & they will lean. If you're sitting in a tippy boat with raised decks, you're going to modify the problem with your movement, posture, & position changes. An offset seat post & a higher quality chair will help, but I'd advise taking a break every hour or so ... or fish standing for awhile, in between periods of fishing sitting down. Maintaining good posture, during the sitting periods, will also help. A counter balancing weight, be it your partner or gear placement, can go a long way in keeping the boat on a level plane.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have a PT175, and seldom have seen my boat from a distance, as I usually fish solo. I have noticed by the water line that my boat sits lower in the stern, and I usually fish from the bow (6', 200lbs). My boat has a 20gal gas tank, and 2 batts in the back with a 60 2stroke. Last fall I upgraded the fishing seats to the tempress hi-backs, and these are a much more comfy seat that the OEM ones by far. I got 'em at Academy Sports for $100/ea, and well worth the $$. I still get stiff with the new seats, but not anything like before. I would try new seats and not worry too much about how the boat sits in the water at rest or while trolling. My boat is a bit tippy as its only 54" wide on the bottom. A wider boat will be more stable.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Bass Tracker PT 175 w/ 90/65 2 stroke jetdrive. Has the stock seats, and I can't say I have had any issues w/ that. They do sit deeper at the stern tho.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker TWX 175 and no prblems here except I need more time to fish!
    Woman Love me, Fish fear me!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tracker PT 170. No problems. Fish by myself 95 % of the time.
    Randy Andres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast