The weather finally broke and we are far more seasonable in temps.

Yesterday did some garden work and then relaxed at a local dock from about 8 to a little after 9 pm. Lots of small crappies the biggest half dozen probably beat 8 inches by a fraction. Early all fish were on or close to the bottom from the weedline out to maybe 15 to 18', but by dark they had come up into the top couple of feet of the water column even out over the deeper parts.

Tiny pearl white shads on 1/64th oz heads took all 30 which is when I quit, as it was getting dark anyway. They seemed to want the slower settle of the lighter head, and even 1/32 got no takers, and they didn't seem to be interested in anything larger than a shade over an inch long. It takes a little patience to get 1/64th down 15 or more feet, but on a dock it can be done pretty easily on a light line. A couple of pound and a half bass joined the party as did a couple of really tiny walleyes. You could all but cover those two with a magic marker not even the size of a good cigar. There were also a single very small perch and a couple or three smallish bluegills. Crappie size picked up a bit toward the end, but that particular lake has very few much larger than 8" anyway. No consumption advisory and it gets harvested heavily, although few other fishermen caught anything while I was there.

All went back as is usual for me.

Nothing for size in any fish, but the numbers made for a pleasant outing.