Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone have any weird ways to catch crappie ( For magazine article)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone have any weird ways to catch crappie ( For magazine article)

Does anyone have any weird or different ways to catch crappie that you've created yourself or found through years of experience? I'm talking things that you would get weird stare's for or stuff that is downright crazy, but catches big crappie? It will be used in an article and will be in the Winter edition of Crappie world magazine, feel free to message them to me if you don't feel comfortable posting them

Post Thanks / Like

At bridge when you see them and they will not bite ,you can take a1/8 jig cast past them ,count down to depth and jerk bait upward quickly, drop wind and jerk again toward boat will get a few out of the groop before they shut down again, also at bridge and brush when they will not bite, if you will put a little jig 1/64 or less and only about 3/8 inch with a split shot and drop straight down over them and keep it still for 30 seconds then one jiggle and rest again will get a few more. It will surprise you how big a fish in that brush will take it when you have just tried a 1/16 that was about 2 inches long. I just cut off the tail of a straight tail bait like a BGSS style ,however it is one I make, but if it is skinnie and little it will work in all season.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

i never seen it first hand, but i've heard tell that dondon and wannabe ugly their fish into submission
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feeshrman View Post
    i never seen it first hand, but i've heard tell that dondon and wannabe ugly their fish into submission
    They sho do they stick there heads over side of boat in water while the other one nets fish as they float up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

But they tear them up so bad who'd eat 'em??
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

It caught fish......... proved a point.......... helped a buddie eat crow.............and filled my tummy with a free steak dinner Rofl

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Post Thanks / Like

i would guess discharging deep cell trolling batteries and depth charges wouldn`t count...

Post Thanks / Like

oh it counts all right, but mr. greenjeans does not appreciate good ole' fashion ingenuity
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowellhturner View Post
    i would guess discharging deep cell trolling batteries and depth charges wouldn`t count...
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease