Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bucksaw: Worth the wait

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Bucksaw: Worth the wait

After getting up to drive to Bucksaw this morning I was disappointed to find they were out of minnows. Luckily the minnow man was on his way (10 minutes out), over an hour later he arrived and I hit the water. Found them in 25-30 FOW 10-12 ft deep. I'm trying to figure out how to catch them dipping minnow but I just come up with an empty hook most of the time. After catching a couple, I broke out the slip bobbers and the fun began, ended up with 10 keepers. Let at least that many shorts go. Fish fry tonight!!!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. Sounds like a pretty good day.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, the minnow man cost us 45 minutes this morning too. Caught a couple 1/8th mile down from BS dipping jigs waiting on him.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

worth the wait sounds like,,, congrats. on the day, bucksaw may have to double there minnow order, good for them running out means more business... hope the bite keeps up till sometime next week, glad y'all got a mess for sure,,,

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I should have returned your call. Glad you got some hope to see ya soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats, the bobber is always fun. I always have one ready on an 8 ft. rod. Never know when it comes in handy.

Post Thanks / Like

You may not be feeling the crappie mouth the minnow. I had a time getting reacquainted with tight-lining minnows ad holding them STILL, but finally figured out a system where my finger was on the line by my spinning reel bail. I had to figure something out since Hunter7711 was more than 2-3X lapping me at Mozingo when we were up there. LOL! After I started that method, I could sense the crappie was grabbing the minnow- it was a VERY subtle vibration I picked up from the line- sort of like a telegraph signal. I use braid, so that helps transmit the "bump" as well. Seems to me I get hits harder with jigs, but then again, I usually actively jig the jigs more aggressively, so end up setting the hook in the process of jigging. Just something to keep in mind...

Post Thanks / Like

out of minnows???banghead