Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Repainting jig heads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Repainting jig heads

I bought a 80 piece Lindy xchange kit but i wasnt able to pick the color that i wanted, so i ended up with a lot of colors i will never use. I'm thinking about repainting them but dont know if it'll hold. Anybody have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried repainting over a color yet. Ask this question on the Jig Tying Forum if you don't get an answer soon.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how they're painted?? If painted and epoxy coated strip them and repaint - then epoxy top coat. If they are powder painted you'd have to either chip the paint off or desolve it then re-powder and recure. Are the heads lead or tungsten??? lead free?? lead free is tough to powder paint but can be done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Don't know how they're painted?? If painted and epoxy coated strip them and repaint - then epoxy top coat. If they are powder painted you'd have to either chip the paint off or desolve it then re-powder and recure. Are the heads lead or tungsten??? lead free?? lead free is tough to powder paint but can be done.
    I have no idea how they were painted or what they are made of. I'm sure Lindy isn't too free with that info. Even if they were i wouldnt know what to do with it! Just thought i may be able to paint over them, but i guess nothing's that easy. I have been thinking about getting into jig tying as a new hobby so i guess this is a good place to start.

Post Thanks / Like

Gunna have to strip the paint then repaint.