Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a thought.

Wonder if it could be fixed, Where you have to fill out a profile. If not no post?
    I always laugh. Someone will ask a question about something and no ones knows where there from.
    Make it easy to look and see. Well Old Joe is from Memphis.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, i'm personally getting to the point if their profile is'nt filled out and they ask a question that is'nt clear on where they're fishin. I just move on, makes me feel like they're hiding something...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default You guys are nosier than a bunch of old women

If it's pertinent, I'll give a general location.
    There are too many creeps out there to give personal info on an internet site.
    I don't see where it's anyone's business what I do or used to do for a living or my hobbies or my personal life. It's got NOTHING TO DO WITH FISHING.
    Some people just seem to think that they have a right to know everybody else's business. Well, too bad. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to strike a nerve, Roberta. I think what we were talking about is a general location. County or State, not their address and social security number. If they choose to include hobbies or other likes, so much the better, i may have like interests to gab about. I posted my occupation and have gotten a couple PMs from folks with a question and even a job offer, glad to help and apprieciated the offer. Do i give out personal info, absolutly not. But i'm not going to lock myself in the closet either. No disrespect intended. From reading your posts i know a little about you, so you may get a giggle out of this. Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't make 8 cats pull a sled through the snow...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another advantage of filling out your profile. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ShilohRed (Pete). Have a great day...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Where there from!! And not like you, A crack saleman. LOL
    Guess when your on crack you have no ideal where your from....
    Have a great day.
    Pete

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be nice knowing what state someone if from. Then you could relate whether your fishing matches theirs (climate, water temp, etc.) Also an age would be good. Doesnt have to be exact. Then you'd know whether you we giving/taking advice from someone with enough experience to actually be asking/giving and at what detail the conversation should go to. JMO!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THE FISHERMANS EDGE
    What are people hiding???? There birthday??? hobbies?? we know they like to fish or they wouldn't be here.
    LOL....I just read your profile. You just might consider changing yours if you want people to start taking you a little more serious...LOL.

I HOPE you're kidding! :o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Where ya from ?

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-16-2008 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't bother me one bit if someone doesn't even want someone to know what state they live in. I could care less. Even if they are made to fill out their prfile, do you think it will be truthful? I know if I had to fill one out I wouldn't even worry about registering at the site and if I had to I would put something that would not actually be the truth. If I got banned for it then so be it. Don't have any use for a site that is into making personal info public anyway.

When I first started playing on the net quite a few years ago I was cautious. I wouldn't even put down the state I lived in. Over the years I have since changed. I don't care a bit for someone to kno who I am and where I live. Over the years I have had a few run ins with folks I didn't agree with online and one guy even called my house and threaten to do certain sexual to my daughter. Most folks I have met though have been great. Sure you get a few freaks, but I deal with freaks most every day.

I can certainly understand why no one would put anything on their profile. Folks should have to put down their name and contact info when registering, but that info shouldn't be made public. That should be up to the individual member to decide.
    Let Em' Land!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast