Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How To Return To A Waypoint??

Post Thanks / Like

Default How To Return To A Waypoint??

I understand, I think, how to save as waypoint. Say a standing tree...do you put the cursor right where the tree and it's shadow meet? But what I would like to hear is how you go back to a marked way point. I know on my handheld Gamin Etrex I use the pointer page. How is it done with the SI units??
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, While running side image and you see a stump you want to mark, I hit the arrow key to get cursor on screen, then arrow over to stump and push w/p key. It marks w/p, you edit it or remember # for future references.My Lowrance shows me as an arrow, so I can turn and follow path back to w/p or hit find button and enter #. I'll show you next trip over( we can go find all your w/p and see what they look like). Sounds like good deal to me. You can actually mark a w/p from 40 to 80 ft. away

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

How did we ever fish without electronics? GPS, WOW how is their any fish left to catch? Just kidding we have the toys too don,t know how we made it.Just got a GPS.How did we fish without them.Thanks Guys thats why this site is so great!!!!
    Great post great info!!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take you up on that Steve! I'll show you some cool stuff!! I just want to learn how to use 'em. When you coming up with the blue boat??
    CATCH A BIG-UN

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabbandit View Post
    I understand, I think, how to save as waypoint. Say a standing tree...do you put the cursor right where the tree and it's shadow meet? But what I would like to hear is how you go back to a marked way point. I know on my handheld Gamin Etrex I use the pointer page. How is it done with the SI units??
    I have found my waypoints to be more accurate if I place the cursor on the SI image at the point where the structure touches the lake bottom...

Returning to that waypoint can be accomplished by using the unit's "GOTO" feature (HB's terminology) or by watching the chart view and maneuvering the boat icon toward the waypoint icon on the chart view...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor