Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slab is the greatest!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Slab is the greatest!

Just another showing of how good the owner of Crappie.com is to the members, I'd like to share a thread he started on the Oklahoma board.

We had a couple of 10' rises and drops this last Spring on Oologah lake which really took a toll on the Crappie Habitat in the Talala Creek area of the lake. The three main Parks on the lake have a brush pile day which is put on by the Corp of Engineers yearly in which they rotate every third year back to the same Parks. I've been involved with one of these days and it was a lot of work, but a blast at the same time. We dropped over 96 piles that particular year in a time span of about 4 hours. The Corp gets Sponsors and throws a feed and has door prizes as well. They also provide fuel, chainsaws, pontoon boats complete with Captains. Only requirement is to byolj (bring your own life jacket).

These Corp sponsored days never make it into Talala Creek and it's left up to a few individuals to replinish the habitat. I decided to try and organize a group of Crappie.com folks along with other friends that would be up for helping place several piles back into Talala Creek.

Ed Moes has decided to help from his end by tossing in some custom t-shirts to mark the day for us. Here's a link to the Oklahoma thread Slab has begun.

I'd like to see this multiply across the Nation with some encourgement from the Corps and the State Department of Wildlife. Let's see where this goes!

Thanks Moes!
    http://www.crappie.com/crappie/oklah...ease-read.html
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to echo that. It was my honor to meet Ed last summer. We spent a few days just fishing and talking. He is one of the most sincere, trustworthy, dedicated, humble and generous person I know. Crappie.com is a reflection of his vision for teaching others about fishing. Thanks Slab for all you do without boasting about it.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Stand up guy for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs UpThanks Ed:Hands Clapping
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Yup ya can't find a nicer guy. Ed has done sooo much for various events to promote the cause, and he loves what he does. Have had the distinct honor of his presence at a couple of our events (nice pic of the shirts in the OK post Ed). Thanks for all you do my friend!

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yankee doodler View Post
    Yup ya can't find a nicer guy. Ed has done sooo much for various events to promote the cause, and he loves what he does. Have had the distinct honor of his presence at a couple of our events (nice pic of the shirts in the OK post Ed). Thanks for all you do my friend!
    Quit suckin up!!! He'll bring ya back south next year.

GOD IS THE GREATEST---Slab, he's OK too!! LMBO

Big River Marine
    Bill Burnett
    870-635-0202
    Member-- Tri-State Crappie Anglers
    Pro Staff-- Southern Pro Tackle, Meatgetter Jigs, Minner Critters, Ozark Rods, and Crappieholic Apparel.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a good sucker upper Bill and I aint waitin til next year...Missy in Oct.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

Post Thanks / Like

Awe shucks guys, thanks for all the compliments. But I'd have nothing without all of you. It's all of you that make this site such a friendly place for me to be. Glad to be here. And hoping to meet each and every one of you in person some day. That would be so cool.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

slab, we hope you can make our spring camp again this coming year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pro Staff:
    Excel Boat (Meatgetter Edition)
    Crappieholic Apparel
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Ozark Rods

Please support these great companies!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep hes a keeper lol!