Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: caught a few

Post Thanks / Like

Default caught a few

went to dickerson lake yesterday, tough bite!!, took all day to get 50.
    water was 71 deg. most of the fish were males caught in 2 -3 ft water, but did get some in 6-8ft just off the break. about half and half white tubes and minnows.
    do not know what to make of the bluegill spawn, is it over already? they were spawning bigtime last weekend on leach, but does not even look they they have started on dickerson, or are they done too? did not see hardly any beds....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

At least someone is getting them. I went out Saturday to Heinz Park and managed to only catch 3 small males...they were only about 6 inches, so I was not too happy. Needless to say I didn't stay out too long. Give me a tenth of what you caught and I would be happy.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelguy
    went to dickerson lake yesterday, tough bite!!, took all day to get 50.
    water was 71 deg. most of the fish were males caught in 2 -3 ft water, but did get some in 6-8ft just off the break. about half and half white tubes and minnows.
    do not know what to make of the bluegill spawn, is it over already? they were spawning bigtime last weekend on leach, but does not even look they they have started on dickerson, or are they done too? did not see hardly any beds....
    If those specks were spawned out but still near 3 feet of water and given the temp, gills are soon to follow. I'm sure you didn't miss a thing. When I lived up there (most of my life) I would sometimes catch spawning gills in late July.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD