Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Perry July 1

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Lake Perry July 1

Haledamage show me a few things today, how catch crappie and channel cats, and a how to get out of a boat. We found some nice crappie today doing the summer pattern, but most of the bites where not the tic tic tug bite, but a nice thump. We had a very good count of 4 dozens minnow, and used them all. We caught a 10 dinks to 1 each 11 inch legal crappie. Rick caught 4 channel cats, on a ten foot poles lots of fun. The fun of the day was watching Rick doing the unual way to get out of a boat. He started stepping out of boat at the dock and boat moved away from the dock. He is hanging onto the dock with his hands his feet is in the boat and he is in a lying position. I thought for sure he was going into the water, but old boy manage to get the boat over to the dock and to stand up. He will have some sore museles tomorrow. Good day and a nice bunch of crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ron! I had a super time today.
    Well I Did a couple things today for the 1st time.
    1st was catching a 5#+ cat fish on a 10’ 6” pole.
    Now that’s fun!
    Next Was – reaching for the pole on the dock as the boat was coming in..
    Got the pole OK but the boat started moving away from the dock.
    Held on to the pole and finally stopped the boat with my toes on the gunnel.
    …Hanging like a bridge, I got the boat up to the dock.
    Got up and walked up to get Ron’s truck.
    Not bad for a old fart..Had a great time.

Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

Hey now there's a report you don't read everyday. Glad everybodies OK and ready for their next post.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

HEHEHE, nice to know that 'ol farts can strrrreeeeettttcccchhh out when they have to.....sounds like the boat captain was comin in "hot & heavy"....glad you guys caught some good fish and had a fun day....so I guess Perry is in the SSS pattern and I guess other lakes should be close too.
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Was Rick's fat belly floating in the lake when he was stretched out? That would have make a good funny video for that TV show.
    You know, Rick they pay money for video's like that so you should do it again with the camera running, no that you know how to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

did you have to tell him to take the motor out of reverse or did he finally do it on his own?

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you all could have seen it. I was great..Rofl
    I think I have a big "S" on my chest now.
    AND-- I did now get my belly wet - drop the truck keys / cell phone in the water.
    The captain of the boat did a super fantastic job.

rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Post Thanks / Like

See Ron don't like being out fished . You got to be careful because accidents happen when you out fish him. Great day catching fish. Thanks for the report and Smile