Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Old Photo's contest - Through the end of August 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Photo's contest - Through the end of August 2012.

I want to get this out here now so you all can start digging through your old photos. The TJ Stallings article on the home page reminded me how cool old fishing photo's can be.

Make sure the photo's are your's and that you didn't just pull it off the Internet somewhere.

Prizes to be announced soon. We got time on this contest.

I'd prefer them to be old black and white pictures, and I'd like a little story to go with the picture.

Post your pictures in this thread.

Disclaimer: rules and prizes subject to change without notice.

I added what is pictured as the prize:
    Name:  DSCF4852.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  35.4 KB

A BnM Slabmaster Crappie Saver
    BnM Caps & Coleman Minnow Rigs
    Real Magic
    Crappie Thunder Road Runner
    Mr. Crappie Slab Daddy
    Marabou Pro 2.0 Road Runner
    Bullet Bobbers
    Lure Parts Online 160 Piece Crappie Kit
    Snake N Da Bush Donated by rnvinc
    and 100 Tube Jigs donated by Kwerdal
    Last edited by Slab; 07-27-2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  WolfLk.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  76.2 KB
    This is a pic of me when I was MUCH, MUCH younger...I was a big fan of Virgil Ward at the time - the bass I'm holdin' in the pic is a product of me chasin' after a much bigger fish that kept jumping just ahead of me all afternoon long, notice the clunky glasses I'm wearin. LOL, I must have weighed 100 pounds less than what I weigh now...oh to be young and able to wade fish again.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my entry. I was around 7 at the time. We used to go brim fishing all the time at my aunts place before they moved. I don't think this is my first time fishing but it was one of the first. That's about 22 years ago.

A man is truly blessed, when he returns home from fishing to be greeted by the best catch of his life.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Boss ... do these pics have to be of US, or can they be of family members (living or deceased) ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Boss ... do these pics have to be of US, or can they be of family members (living or deceased) ??

... cp
    Can be of any one you personally know.
    Owner

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My Grandfather, Luther Cruse, with his idea of a "limit" :

Actually, this was most likely the results of a more than just one persons catch. Rofl Most likely these fish were caught in Tenn, possibly Cherokee Lake (picture is prior to my memory of the event)

The following picture depicts what I remember "getting ready to go fishing with my "Pa" was like, back when I was in my pre-teen years :

This is the "former" Red Gate Dock, on Herrington Lake (Ky) ... where most all my memories of fishing start. The old flatbottom wooden rental rowboats, rental lockers for your fishing gear, snacks & the latest fishing report/info were always available. It's where I started my Crappie fishing experience, and my love of the sport of fishing.

... cp

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

These are some old photos from my young Green Carp fishing days.Rofl I had an old Garcia 5000 and a few baits.The rod and reel was a gift from a family friend. Paddled a flat bottom in them days cause I had no motor. Just a kid back then.

Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Not b/w but "old" ....

This picture is me holding the days catch from KY Lake ... first week of April / air temps in the mid 30's & a misting rain ...

I'm coming into the cabin at Ky Lake Dam Village, carrying four limits of Crappie that my three friends & I caught in a small cove, not far from there. My partner & I were casting Roadrunners, the other two were tightlining minnows. This was day two, of our two day stay. Day one had ended with the same results, but had much better weather conditions. (temps in the high 40's & NO RAIN !! )

Day one was where the "story" part of the trip is the best:

Boat #1 - Kenny & I
    Boat #2 - Paul & Jack
    We launch the boats & head to this cove that was recommended by a guide friend of Jacks. Upon arriving at the cove and starting to fish, we realized we'd left our food/drink cooler in the vehicle, back at the launch. Paul & Jack staked their claim to a deep hole spot in the cove, & Kenny & I went back for the cooler. When we returned, Paul & Jack were still in the same place, but another boat had come in & anchored over the shallow hump that Kenny & I had planned to work.

There were three guys in that boat, each fishing with 3-4 cane poles. We eased over by Paul & Jack, and asked them if they had been having any luck. They said no, not really, but that the other boat had been catching some off & on. I was almost ready to believe their story, until I saw that they had stringers hanging over the side of Jack's boat. I told them to "show us what'cha got" ... and with sheepish grins, they raised their stringers to show almost a dozen nice Crappie they'd caught, in the short time that Kenny & I had been gone.

Kenny & I then began circling around the boat with the cane pole forest, casting our Roadrunners over the flooded grass/weeds of the far back end of the cove. We started catching Crappie, and some real Slabs, too. Every now & then, it seemed like a wave of Crappie would come through, and the cane polers would go through a fire drill of snatching & yanking Crappie into their boat ... untangle their messes ... re-bait their lines ... and wait for the next wave to come by. It was quite entertaining, but more importantly it alerted us to the fact that those in the wave that escaped the hooks of the cane pole boat ... would be working their way through our line of fire, in a matter of seconds.

Day two was a general repeat of day one ... minus the cane polers, and a much slower bite. The worsening weather conditions made it tough to enjoy the day, as much as we had the previous one ... but, we stuck it out & the picture above shows the results.

I'm not sure of the exact date ... but, considering my beard/mustache is black, it was probably back in the late 1980's.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my daughters going ice fishing, probably 15 or so years ago. Yep, I dragged them on the ice with me!

Name:  ice2.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  22.8 KBName:  ice1.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  23.3 KBName:  ice3.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  22.2 KB
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon you all. There have to be more old pictures out there. I noticed I did not have the prize announce here, so I added it finally today. Hopefully these prizes will entice more photos to be submitted. There are some great prizes here for the winner, please take a look:

A BnM Slabmaster Crappie Saver
    BnM Caps & Coleman Minnow Rigs
    Real Magic
    Crappie Thunder Road Runner
    Mr. Crappie Slab Daddy
    Marabou Pro 2.0 Road Runner
    Bullet Bobbers
    Lure Parts Online 160 Piece Crappie Kit
    Snake N Da Bush Donated by rnvinc
    and 100 Tube Jigs donated by Kwerdal
    Owner