Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fatboy, I forgot to tell you this.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fatboy, I forgot to tell you this.

Sunday after the TZ Tourney, the water was smoothe as a babys buttocks. Honey and I loaded up to go try our luck. Trolling motor made noise, but would not move the boat. Pulled the trolling motor up, and all the blades were broken off. We probably hit something returning from Mansard. Ordered a new blade and a "pull em up" mount. Also ordered new rope and anchor bolts. lol. Hope this stuff gets here tomorrow so I can try it out before I pull the boat out for the winter.

By the way, what was that stuff to clean the carpet with that you and Moose mentioned? I told you I can't remember crap. I am simewhat demented. lol

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

You had me stumped there for a while. It was Tri Sodium Phospate. TSP which you should be able to get a Lowes or Home Depot. They sell that stuff in the Paint Dept. I would add some bleach to the soln to kill the mold and algae. one part bleach to ten parts water and don't leave it on more then about 15 to 30 minutes. Then rinse it off thoroughy. That should kill any mildue growing in the carpet. Then dry the carpet out before putting it in a dark warm place. UV lights might also prevent the mildew from growing.

At the local Bristol Myers Squib Company where they make drugs they have UV lights all over the place. They are suppose to kill any bacteria that may be floating in the air inside the plant.

But the Bleach soln should work even if you can't get any TSP. TSP is the cleaning soln and the Bleach is what kills the mold or mildew.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Sunday after the TZ Tourney, the water was smoothe as a babys buttocks. Honey and I loaded up to go try our luck. Trolling motor made noise, but would not move the boat. Pulled the trolling motor up, and all the blades were broken off. We probably hit something returning from Mansard. Ordered a new blade and a "pull em up" mount. Also ordered new rope and anchor bolts. lol. Hope this stuff gets here tomorrow so I can try it out before I pull the boat out for the winter.

By the way, what was that stuff to clean the carpet with that you and Moose mentioned? I told you I can't remember crap. I am simewhat demented. lol

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

I don't remember us hitting anything. As for cleaning the boat, Moose should go into the pressurewashing business. TSP comes in a red and white box and can be bought at Lowe's or anyother paint store such as Sherwin Williams. Mix TSP with HOT water. Can't mix too much together, so pour it to it. Put it in a pump up spayer. Wet your carpets first, then soak it good with TSP. Get the pressure washer out and have at it. This will get the bulk of the mold out of the carpet. It is my secret ingredient on roof shingles since i don't use high pressure on them. After doing this, mix Clorox brand bleach at 10 to 1, wet everything, including seats, then spray with the bleach. Wait about two minutes, then rinse . Should work out fine. Guarantee it will be back again though. If mold and mildew never grew back, i would be out of business. I personally would wait until the spring to do it so it doesn't start back over the winter, even though it will grow slow, it will still grow. Be sure and wet everything first or it will streak like crazy. Know what else a good pressure washer is good for? Blowing the neighbors leaves back into their yard, so i have heard anyways.

www.dspressurewashing.com