Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: clips for longlining and spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

Default clips for longlining and spider rigging

Was wondering if any of y'all have used clips to switch your setups easily between the 2 methods.. ii have all my rods set up but not enough for both.. really don't see spending the money to buy a whole nother setup when I just kinda go out there and decide on the go.. haven't really found a advantage for one over the other for me yet.. figured rigging wouldn't matter much but didn't know how the clips would effect your depths for longling.. if some of you have done this, what size clips, what kinda knots and how far from the bait would you place it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use swivel snaps on my rods and barrel swivels on my rigs---it works great.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use any clips. I have a swivel on the main line with about 4ft leader loop tied to a jig head for longlining. If I want to change to spider rigging I just cut main line at the swivel and add my weight and retie to swivel. This works good for me and I'm able to change fairly quickly.

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

I use these: Cabela's: No-Knot Fast Snaps

They don't seem to make a diff in fish caught compared to loop knot. Use the med. and large. Small are almost too small to clip on larger jigs/ etc.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.