Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeding my Army unit

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeding my Army unit

Ok, as I had stated last week, I'm planning on having a fish fry for the guys in my Army unit pretty soon. For the last 10+ years, our Batallion including my company has had elements deployed constantly. Our reserve batallion has had more deployments than most active army batallions. I have several guys and hopefully their families to feed and I need to start slaying the crappie. I've caught nothing but really small ones from MTL (the one time I've been there) and I've gotten some great advice about that lake and have every intention of putting that to use. My question is, would I be more likely to have success on MTL or Trueman? I'm not trying to start a fight here, but I know a lot of guys here have a lot of success on both lakes and I'm just wondering on which lake in Missouri will I have the greatest chance of filling my live wells. I'd like to stay away from LOZ.

I'm trying to plan out my weekend. I was going to camp at MTL and fish there, but I've decided since it's going to be crazy hot and my fiance is going to come with me, I'd just get a room somewhere so I need to book soon and need to know where to go.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

- Kyle

Post Thanks / Like

Feeding a unit that large, think catfish. If cleaned right, you can't hardly tell the difference and I have some that like properly cleaned cat better.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

well this is just my 2 cent's, well maybe 1 cent...lol... service men deserve the best so i would stick with the crappie don't know anything about mark twain i would suggest truman just cuz you can go there on ALMOST any given day and catch a limit of nice eater's! if you decide on truman and staying in a room... i would suggest usa inn right at 13 hwy and 7 hwy in clinton, i alway's stay there and they are very clean and to my best of knowledge are the cheapest, but don't quote me on that. think they are $55 for a double bed i believe. good luck on whichever you decide!
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw has sleeping rooms for ~$45/night, have to bathroom/shower downstairs.

IMO, catfish, properly cleaned, is not second to crappie, they are a tie.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

well, my .02$ truman is great. I think it might be a little better than twain and the fish run a little larger on average. but twain is a great fishery as well, just maybe a little harder to figure the bigger fish out. but if twain is closer, you can afford to fish twain more often therefore you can pattern the fish better and be on good fish more often. they're always biting somewhere on the lake!
    if you are going to look for a cabin, I recommend the south fork resort. they might even still have a room for this weekend. if they are full then cannon dam has nice cabins and an indoor pool too.

Post Thanks / Like

If you get close to your fish fry for our service men, and women, and you don't have enough fish, let me know and I will help you out if I can and I know I can. Thanks for your service.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Braggin Board View Post
    If you get close to your fish fry for our service men, and women, and you don't have enough fish, let me know and I will help you out if I can and I know I can. Thanks for your service.
    Same here. Sounds like a great use for it. I may have a few left after our fry this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I've stayed at USA Inn in Clinton before when I was duck hunting up in that area. I'm thinking I'm probably going to go to Twain only because it's closer. I believe I'm going to follow South Point's suggestions from before and put in at the state park by the 107 bridge.

Thanks again everyone for the intel and for the offers of the donations. Hopefully I can catch enough but I'll let you know. I haven't settled on a date yet but it will be in the next few weeks. I have to have enough time to get a good mess of fish together.

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

post this on the OT board also the men on here will help you out
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

good luck on fishing .and god bless you and your other troops for keeping us free .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast