Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any tips for warm water crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Any tips for warm water crappie

I have never fished for crappie past spring, and I am thinking about going for'em with my niece and godson. But I dont have the first clue as to what to look for first. IM kind of looking to members with warm water exp. Im taking them in big water, Lake ontario,water temp 72 dgr as of this post water has slight tint to it.Wind:wnw at 13mph humidity 73% . I know most people have deptfinders and all. im just looking for just basic stuff , i dont exspect any tricks of the trade. Thanks for any info.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Look for deep drop offs and if trolling troll SLOW if u think your going slow then slow down more. Works here in south but never fished up north.. Just my 2¢

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about NY, but here in AR 72 degrees is usually post spawn. If so, they wont be too far from their spawning areas just a little deeper. If they're in their summer pattern look deeper say 15-30 ft around structure, drops, channels etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been into crappie for a year or so.. I've learned a lot on this board but still ain't finding the pattern for crappie in the hot weather.. but I do have some bamboo condos I put out couple months ago and they are hot right now.. been hot since I fished them 2 weeks after dropping them..

Post Thanks / Like

BTW if you post your question on the NY board you will probably get better feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish for them at night!
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Posting on the ny board was my first thought but it seams like anytime you ask a question, you get an empty room.People get tightliped when it comes to tactics, or anything for that matter, and also there ant much for crappie up here. It is a shame but i could be around other fishermen at any fishing spot and bringup crappie and they are like oh you mean bluegil! So eather they are keeping it quiet or it is just not that big up here... Dont get me wrong i love ny but i need to be around the numbers you guys from the south are around . Name:  JuJu at hydepark crappie fishing.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  24.0 KBBy the way this is my nice that the drs say has adhd or what ever, looks like she is concentrating prety good to me.
    "It is not what we have that will make us a great nation; it is the way in which we use it." Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, well I am fairly new to crappie fishing myself but i have learned a lot from the guys on this site. The best i can tell you is that you may have to search a bit to find em. Start post spawn pattern, if they're not there move deeper. You can use the search box in the upper right hand corner. Type in post spawn and summer pattern and you will see everything that's been posted on the subjects. I hope this helps. Sorry those yanks aren't talking!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i forgot all about that search box. I'm goint to do that right now.Thankyou fellow members and be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously I have no clue. Spent a week on Kentucky Lake last week and didn't catch any Crappie. It was 95 degrees during the day, with water temps in the 83 degree range. I tried everything, on top of flats, off the flats, deeper, shallower, on cribs, coves, under the dock, you name it, minnows, Crappie Nibbles, etc. I finally had to take a picture of the fish on the cribs to show that I was at least On fish.

Name:  DSCF2122.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  37.2 KB
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast