Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Kerr Reservoir/Buggs Island in VA?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Kerr Reservoir/Buggs Island in VA?

I live in Virginia Beach and have been thinking of making a trip to Kerr Reservoir (around three hours) for some crappie fishing. I don't want to go unless I know of a good area to fish and where to put in at. I prefer to stay away from the main lake since I'm fishing from a Crappie Jon (14') with only a 9.9 motor. I enjoy fishing in the summer and have good luck fishing 10' deep with minnows and sliding bobbers, though lately I've just been using jigs. So, if anyone is fishing this lake and woudn't mind giving away a spot or two to fish, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Tap-out Scroll down to the Va. Board. That's probably the most popular lake that we fish. I live in Va. Beach also and go out there most every weekend in March and April. Up until recently I fished out of a 16 ft. wooden boat with a 9.9 so a small boat is no problem.
    On our board you can get a report from as late as last weekend
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Tapout64. Like SH said, check the Va forum. There is a new post there now about Kerr.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

lol- I had never scrolled down before, never knew the state list was there, call me a noob. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion