Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rebel Crankbaits at Davis Lake, MS

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rebel Crankbaits at Davis Lake, MS

Drove down to Chickasaw County in MS. this morning and met Donnie ( Crappielogic) to pull some crankbaits for crappie. Davis Lake is a small U.S. Forest Service lake about 200 acres. The air temp was 93 and the water temp was 87. It was hot and the shade from the 8 ft. Sportsbrella felt good. We were pulling Rebel Crappie Crank-R's about 7 ft. deep in 12 to 13 FOW. The fish finder was lit up the whole time we were in the water showing fish that were suspended and stacked. We saw a lot of batfish balls also. But today the fish were just not biteing. We fished the Rebel crankbaits and tried all the colors and varied our depth and also our speed. We caught one pretty nice crappie, two bluegill and three bass. One of the bass weighed in at just a little over 12 lbs. The big bass was caught on a pink and black Rebel Crappie Crank-R. It really cut up as Donnie brought it to the boat with a 10 ft B'nM pole and 10 lb. mono. Even though we did not fill a cooler full of crappie as we anticipated it was a fun day and great to be out on the water.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.

I believe those long rods really help get those big fish in without breaking the line.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

and the bass was released to catch another day
    Crappie Logic - (662) 418-2038

Post Thanks / Like

look out now!!! This just may turn ol' Donnie into a green carp feeshrman. I can see it now.... greencarplogic crankbaits, spinnerbaits, and the almost forgotten nip-a-diddie, all personally hand made and painted by the former crappie fanatic himself.
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

we turned the trash fish a loose feesh still addicted to the thump
    Crappie Logic - (662) 418-2038

Post Thanks / Like

That is one big bass! I too think the long poles help the line a lot since they have a lot of give.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Been using those Crappie Crank R's here in Michigan. Have lost 3 of the Firefly on Pike. Started using a 20# steel leader. Really good baits. How do you know your running 7' in 12-13'of water? I use counter reels, but still hard to tell the depth were running.. Thanks..

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie 1 View Post
    Been using those Crappie Crank R's here in Michigan. Have lost 3 of the Firefly on Pike. Started using a 20# steel leader. Really good baits. How do you know your running 7' in 12-13'of water? I use counter reels, but still hard to tell the depth were running.. Thanks..
    Get a Pro Trolling book it has depth charts and info for the various crankbaits....it is based on using 10 lb. line. The chart tells you how many feet of line to have out for the differen't depts for different crankbaits.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great fish G

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff