Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sally report?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sally report?

Going to Salimonie for the first time ever today after work didn't know if anyone was willing to help put me on some fish? I'm going to put in at I think west bridge. Thanks fellas!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think youll be putting in at at that ramp, it doesnt have any water. Mt. Etna you can launch a small boat, and dora ramp is the only other ramp open.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

west bridge has water to launch 16 ft bass tracker, i know been ther. You better have a depth finder and a map if you have never been on the lake before. Stay in the river channels, go slow. Sal is 13 feet low.
    Fishy Fishy in da brook, come bite on Grandpa's hook!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advise. We ended up not going. I think I'll try again on Monday.

Post Thanks / Like

You can lanch your boat at west, lost bridge east is out of the water. Dora is also open, Whatch for the flats,water is now 14 feet low. Losing a couple of inches a day.Im a local boy who fishes a couple days a week,going bye my locator.

Post Thanks / Like

Went catfishing this past saturday night...and for the first I can remember I didnt catch a single cat, or any fish for that matter. I dont know what was going on but I couldnt get anything to bite, and tried a variety of baits. After that trip, I may try night crappie fishing..dont have any green lights, but I should at least have better luck landing something. Anyone else been doing any good catfishing?

Post Thanks / Like

I fished a crappie tournament saturday at salamonie, and it was all we could do to keep the cats off our hooks. Caught a 20lb blue and several channel cats from 3 to 10lbs. Crappie was biting pretty good also catching them suspended on drops.
    Blakemore/Roadrunner pro staff
    Southern Pro Tackle/ Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Rodholders
    Ranger Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Been getting small flathead while night fishin for eyes

Post Thanks / Like

Default any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by crappieman18 View Post
    Been getting small flathead while night fishin for eyes
    hi crappieman , have you been havin any luck with the eyes on sally? ive been pulling worm rigs up in the deeper water near the dam but success has been minimal. been thinking of trying it at night but haven't yet...........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

I havnt been fishing Sally too much with the low water.....means a buddy used to do really well when the water is up on the flat on the north side of the lake by the dam and out in front of the beach.....also used to get them on the east side of the 105 bridge in the evening and under it during the day......havnt fished in a boat at Sally since he passed 3 years ago.....we used cranks mainly......but a size 3 orange blade has killed them a couple days
    Eyes have been really hot on the wabash and missy river lately.....mainly at night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast