Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bank Fishing

I was just wondering if there was anyone besides me who primarily fished from the bank? I have no boat and no friends who like to fish, so I'm stuck on the bank. Does anyone have any tips for bank fishing this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Me too

I also bank fish at G-ville in alabama. I would say do some night fishing with lights if you can. Also fish under bridges. Try to find drop offs. Get a map of the waters your fishing or use the one on bass pro and see if there are ledges. There as some articles about it on this sitehttp://www.crappie.com/bruce/crappie_on_the_rocks.htm
    http://www.crappie.com/bruce/article3.htm
    Last edited by mighty; 05-31-2006 at 08:57 AM.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I bank fish most of the time. Like about look for drop off areas. On the out side of a weed bed. Look for structure, down trees. Use a weighted bobber for a longer cast, 3/4 - 1 inch. Sometimes I have waded out in to the lake, kinda like fly fishin. You might also try and ask to fish off from someones dock. Oh yes under docks. Have fun...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

You can pick up some good tips here:

http://www.midwestangler.com/

I know several of the guys who post on the bulletin boards there. They are VERY good, and all they do is fish from the bank.

Also, have you considered a float tube? It's possibly the most relaxing fishing I've ever done.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 06-01-2006 at 07:00 AM.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have no friends who like to fish or own a boat, its time to get new friends. Just kidding. Good Luck. Speck

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speckhunter
    If you have no friends who like to fish or own a boat, its time to get new friends. Just kidding. Good Luck. Speck
    You're right I do. My dad gets mad at me because I go by myself. "A young lady just doesn't do things like that anymore," said my dad. I was so p****d at him. He said to call him if I ever wanted to go hiking or fishing. He doesn't like to fish or hike anymore. Anyway, that's a WHOLE different story.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-01-2006 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

None of my friends fish and the ones I do take have no clue what is going on. It is fun to take them at first but then it gets old having to get their lures out of snags and getting the hooks out or fish b/c they cannot. If you have a truck just save up a couple bucks and get a small flatbottom and a trolling motor from a pawn shop, it is well worth it and can always be sold again.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink He's only thinking about your "safety" ....

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat2
    You're right I do. My dad gets mad at me because I go by myself. "A young lady just doesn't do things like that anymore," said my dad. I was so p****d at him. He said to call him if I ever wanted to go hiking or fishing. He doesn't like to fish or hike anymore. Anyway, that's a WHOLE different story.
    but, he's a few decades off in his thinking. Today's "young ladies" are a lot more independant. Maybe, since he really doesn't "like" to hike or fish anymore ... he can help you out by contacting some of the local farm owners, that have large ponds or small lakes on their property, and get them to grant you permission to fish them. You could do the same, yourself, but having him do it would give him the satisfaction of thinking he's helping & protecting you at the same time. Just a thought ....... luck2ya ... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Be careful of snakes, but when I was bank fishing I liked to fish the bridge pillars. Fish a slip bobber approach and try to fish 12 to 18 foot deep in 18 to 25 foot of water. Jig fish the docks. Usually your local bait store owner will have some info about a pay dock if one is around. You can probobly post on the Tennessee forum on this site and get some good information. I fished in Tennessee close to Ridgely and caught a lot of Crappie when my sister lived there. I don't remember the lakes name but if I lived there it would be a favorite. Just turn on the charm and most any fisherman will tell you more than they know.

Tradingpost Guest

riverratz2,
    you might want to check out this website for a reasonable boat www.craigslist.com/boa put in your town and it will give you alot of choices.

you can even put an ad for a very reasonable boat wanted, if you would like and it is free to post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast