Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Talley Bend Minnows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Talley Bend Minnows

I have never fished the Talley Bend area and might try it Saturday. Coming up 13 from Springfield, where would be the best place to get minnows? Also, I was curious what CDC members were fishing the Crappiemasters. Might try to make the weigh-in. Good luck to all who are fishing it.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the little convenience store across from the campground entrance which is right where you turn off of C hwy to wards the boat ramp has them. Should be 10 or more teams fishin tomorrow and Saturday that normally fish our monthly CDC tournaments. I hope to make it down for weigh in Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jarod. May see you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont buy them there,they count them as they put them in the minnow bucket.....no joke...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CONCRETECRAPPIE View Post
    Dont buy them there,they count them as they put them in the minnow bucket.....no joke...
    Eeek!! banghead I hate that!

Post Thanks / Like

Whenever they do that, I ask them if they also give each minnow his own name... Sometimes they "get it", sometimes it goes over their head.

Post Thanks / Like

Default not talley bend

Quote Originally Posted by TwainGang View Post
    Whenever they do that, I ask them if they also give each minnow his own name... Sometimes they "get it", sometimes it goes over their head.
    Fished out of fairland to day, stoped at tru,lake store. had breakfest was good fair price. Bought minnows ask for 4doz, got 6 or 7 doz. Fished up the lake 4hrs not many fish. Went to bigpom fish on flats 7 to 12ft. wound up with 21 keeps 4hrs to find them 4hrs to catch them. After noon bite was better.the store treated us rite, Stoped on the way out to get ice on fish. Talked with the people there,still super. Iwould say give them a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Good referral.

Any time I've ever caught them "counting" minnows, I tell them never mind and go elsewhere. I like the scoop measure like Bucksaw does.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw and Everharts are usually more than fair with minnow counts. Cozy Corner at Sparrowfoot also good. Have not got any there for a while but they are great people to deal with also.