Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last weekend fishing. LOZ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last weekend fishing. LOZ

Went out last weekend and try'ed my luck at some crappie. Fish Sat and Sun from 5:30am to 10:00 am. I first started shooting docks and after a couple hours and live welling 10 fish, I switch over to pulling cranks. I used my new B&N poles I got from Monks and I really enjoyed this new technique. I didn't catch a lot fish doing this on Saturday. But I learned a lot and realized that it's a lot of work.
    Started Sunday at 5:30am pulling cranks and caught 10 fish by 9:00am. I was fishing the wrong areas from what from others were telling me, so I was happy too of caught any at all. I learn that snags happen a lot, so learn to get ready for them and recover swiftly. I also caught 3 bass and 2 catfishes and 2 drums.
    All the crappie I caught on Sunday were all whites in 12' range in 15' to 20' of water. Crank colors that worked were Pinks, and silver and blue and some orange.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying cranks too man. Going through the growing pains with you so good luck.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

How many poles did you have out while you were pulling cranks? Sounds like you got a work out. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Two out each side. One 14' and on 10'.