Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My Dad

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dad

I've attempted to do this more than once, but today I'm finally ready. Charley Coburn, the man I started calling "Dad" way back in 1980 when he married my widowed mom would have been 74 today. We lost him to kidney failure in 1995, but it truly seems like just yesterday for me. There are days when I miss him like crazy and I wish, oh how I wish, that we could have had more time together. I take comfort in knowing that he made his peace with God before he left this earth and he made certain that my Mom, Paul and I knew how much he loved us. We still have the cards and notes he wrote to us in those last weeks and cherish them. Love you Dad.

The picture says it all. He was doing what he loved. Unfortunately, we were all still calling ourselves bass fishermen back then and hadn't really gotten serious about crappie fishing. I wish he could've been there for our crappie adventures, even though I know he's there on my shoulder now.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great picture Vonna. I know what you mean about him being on your shoulder. Everytime I am out in my boat.....I feel like my Dad is there with me. My Dad died in 1981
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice picture of "Dad"
    He is looking over his shoulder at you everyday.

Post Thanks / Like

Great picture. it sure sounds like
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about my fumble fingers, i was trying to say it sounds as if he was the type of person we all would like to get to know
    The two best times to fish (when it's raining & when it aint). Proud member of team GitDaFeeshGrease

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he was one of many blessings in your life. Cherish your memories. My Mom was my mentor and
    she is with me on every hunting & fishing trip.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen. Thank you to those who expressed condolences to the family. I will continue to pray Jesus comforts and strengthens the family.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.