Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too Pee or not

Post Thanks / Like

Default 0

Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

mDuncan,

I am not sure if it is legal, nor have I been fined, but if you read my earlier thread just give me a few more holidays weekends in MO and I will let you know...HA HA.

Seriously though, I have often wondered if this was legal. I know some bass tourney fisherman and they have a device similiar to a funnel that is closed on one end that you pee into then dump overboard. If peeing overboard is illegal I would also think this was too. I am interested to hear what the other viewers have to say.

Post Thanks / Like

first, "the secret to pollution is dilution". so essentially, on our larger resevoirs there is zero damage. on a small lake you will have a tiny die-off of microorganism because of the pH spike. fact of the matter is, it doesn't hurt the lake as long as it is only the folks who are enjoying the lake.(pipe it in from home and that's a whole different story) as far as legality, heck, on LOZ there is no law about wearing clothes at all, so the only thing they could get you for is a "lewd and lescivious" ticket. and don't forget, in MO, peeing in public is not only illegal, it makes you go on that permanent "sex offender list". (the really really bad list that you want to check before you move into a neighborhood)
    i will still pee in the water as long as their is no one around. if someone is around, i park and head into the woods a few feet. like almost everything else, be heads up about the whole thing and everybody will be fine.
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Number one.....you mean there's naked women riding round on LOZ...ah scuse me got carried away. I have not checked the laws here, but in a lot of states there is a statute called "Indecent exposure". Ever since a fellow down in Texas (years ago) was busted for "raising the Ph" we have carried a coffee can or something with us. Do not need to meet any new people in uniform under any circumstances. Since I have Alabama numbers on the boat, I am like a red flag floating around out there anyway. So far though in all the states we have had the boat in, the only thing the "uniformed humans" wanted to check is a creel survey.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking lol md62.

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    A guy in another section of this site said he got an $1100.00 fine for doing it off the side of his boat. I know a ton of people who do this, and never thought about it, to be honest.

What are the actual effects on the fishery, and has anyone from Mo. gotten fined for it?

I'm thinking a gallon jug or something is the way to go.
    Ya should have kept reading the posts on that one, he was just joking around. He said later on he was fined 1100 bucks (a 100 bucks an inch). But i'm sure they would write ya a ticket if you did'nt at least try to be inconspicuous...izzy:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Party Cove!

Quote Originally Posted by fryguy
    first, "the secret to pollution is dilution". so essentially, on our larger resevoirs there is zero damage. on a small lake you will have a tiny die-off of microorganism because of the pH spike. fact of the matter is, it doesn't hurt the lake as long as it is only the folks who are enjoying the lake.(pipe it in from home and that's a whole different story) as far as legality, heck, on LOZ there is no law about wearing clothes at all, so the only thing they could get you for is a "lewd and lescivious" ticket. and don't forget, in MO, peeing in public is not only illegal, it makes you go on that permanent "sex offender list". (the really really bad list that you want to check before you move into a neighborhood)
    i will still pee in the water as long as their is no one around. if someone is around, i park and head into the woods a few feet. like almost everything else, be heads up about the whole thing and everybody will be fine.
    I read an artical several years ago about the old Party Cove. It said they took water samples on a Sat. night and it was, if memory is correct, 37% urine. Never been there and don't ever plan on going, thats just plain gross...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

That's right izzy. Gotta read the fine print.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, people in that lake need to lay off the beer!!! 37% urine???? Those people must have made the water level rise a foot or more.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzysfishin
    I read an artical several years ago about the old Party Cove. It said they took water samples on a Sat. night and it was, if memory is correct, 37% urine. Never been there and don't ever plan on going, thats just plain gross...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to party cover less then five time its true most of them loose their clothing at some point. Every time I have been the water partol is close by.
    They have moved from place to place over the years because of complaints.
    Anyone know where they are this year? Last I had heard they moved into the glaize arm.

Wait thats where Bugman claims to fish. Hum

Post Thanks / Like

Anderson cove was the latest info. But haven't been there yet this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast