Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Truman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman

Fished yesterday from 7:00 to 3:00 and caught over 40 keepers.
    I will go ahead and answer the next questions.
    Upper Grand
    silver glitter pearl white tail
    the 15 I kept smallest 12" biggest 14"
    Started off fishing new locations and caught 4 between 7:00 and 12:30 moved to some honey holes and finished out. At one point I fished 8 trees in a row and 8 keepers. Ok here is what no one will believe fished in less than 10' water all day most fish in 3'-4' water.

I noticed a pattern yesterday and should not tell but here goes. Three boats went through the area with the 8 trees and fished them none of them caught anything. They all cast or straight up and down vertical jigged. I used a 12’ pole and dropped past the tree and slowly very slowly held the bait at the depth I wanted and moved it away from the tree then wam you no the rest.

Ted,
    I was disappointed that I did not catch any 15” fish this time first time in four trips.
    I plan to fish the upper Osage and more up past hwy 13 on the Grand in the next few weeks.

IF IT GOT WATER ARROUND IT FISH IT.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught similar sized fish, Saturday on Truman also. But for now my lips are sewn shut. Even thou the fished could be gone from where we found them. I am heading out this Friday for a entire week. Hope the cats are biting as well. You fishing the Masters?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    We caught similar sized fish, Saturday on Truman also. But for now my lips are sewn shut. Even thou the fished could be gone from where we found them. I am heading out this Friday for a entire week. Hope the cats are biting as well. You fishing the Masters?
    I need to decide real quick just not sure yet.
    I plan to fish alot the next two weeks in some areas I have not been to if I find some more 15" I plan to fish it.
    I am fishing Crappie Outlaw Pole tourney on that Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62
    I wish I had been over there instead of the state park area. Man it was tough, between the wind and the idiot cigar and ski boats, not to mention the fishing was very slow. At least for me, the wife, and the dogs it was slow. Had a lot of fun and caught a bunch of dinks.

Where are you putting the boat in at gee? bucksaw? I may have to make another trip down there this weekend to fish.
    Sparrowfoot,Bucksaw, and a dirt ramp on maps its called Bethlehem North of Mt. Zion between Bucksaw and Sparrow foot.I cant give you the last one it is to close to my honey holes.
    Last edited by gonefishingee; 05-31-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Are you camping or motel.
    Lets see I wounder what color charger to follow for next week.:D :D
    Just kidding
    Looks to be a hot one all next week good luck in the Masters.
    Whip the fat boy in the cabelas boat for me if I do not fish it.:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Camping you could say, I have a camper that I leave at Eagles Nest on hwy 7. If you see a white/blue walleye style boat thats me. I will try my best to beat that green boat. He can be tough at that lake. I am going out on a limb but I think it will take 10lbs for 7 fish to win. I doubt we are going to fish the outlaw tournament unless we are on fish. 2 tournaments in 2 days will make for a whipped man. I might stick around all day Sunday and come to the weight in. I am glad to see it get hot and get them on the summer pattern. Just hope we dont get alot of rain between now and then. Last years Masters, you had to dodge all the floating debris coming down the lake. Made for a fun ride at daybreak.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I know what arm you fished then.
    Green boat is my cousin.

Post Thanks / Like

You should have inside scope then, if he is your cousin.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of doggin tony aint ya ee?of course he has it comin.I havent talked to him for a couple of weeks is he on good fish?
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman
    Kind of doggin tony aint ya ee?of course he has it comin.I havent talked to him for a couple of weeks is he on good fish?
    I talked to him this morning he like everyone else will fish all next week.
    John has been on good fish for the last two weeks it sounds like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast