Default New trailer for yak

Name:  DSC04094.jpg
Views: 2298
Size:  61.5 KBName:  DSC04096.jpg
Views: 1014
Size:  70.0 KBName:  DSC04051.jpg
Views: 894
Size:  52.3 KB
    Just finished trailer to be pulled by Honda CRV. Selling 2500 4x4 Pu to save on gas. Been out 3 times to local lakes and follows great hardly notice trailer. Lot of thougth into project probably some additions in the future now just fish
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Go go gadget kayak. Nice rig. That thing has more than my old bass tracker. I still want a kayak but free was cheaper than buying a yak.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing any cushion between the kayak and trailer bed......like pool noodle or
    something to cushion the ride down the road. Am I missing something, or was it just not
    shown in the photo? Otherwise, looks well thought out and it gets you to the water. I'm
    working on one myself, but not ready to expose it to the public. Workin' out some bugs
    and replacing tail lights. Thanks for posting your pictures. Informative too.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Front is cradled in plywood cut to contour yak with pool noodle liner. Trailer has 2 lengths 2" PVC length wise to cradle yak where only keel is touching deck and end of trailer 2 pieces 2" pvc side was to cradle yak. When tied down in 2 places the yak does not have any movement on the trailer and no bounce down the road

Post Thanks / Like

That is a really nice set up. I have a fishing yak that I am very slowly outfitting. I am envious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldkayaker View Post
    Front is cradled in plywood cut to contour yak with pool noodle liner. Trailer has 2 lengths 2" PVC length wise to cradle yak where only keel is touching deck and end of trailer 2 pieces 2" pvc side was to cradle yak. When tied down in 2 places the yak does not have any movement on the trailer and no bounce down the road
    Very good idea. I'm doing the plywood cut to contour with pool noodle liner also. Been using is for a while, but the cut to contour works
    to keep the kayak from sliding sideways. Good idea.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

nice set up i have something similar to haul my kayak and rods

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks it took a while and a lot of thought but every body that sees it at the lakes likes the idea hope yours works as good

Post Thanks / Like

Nice trailer.....I just got a Malone MicroSport....,car topping was killing me......not to mention what it was doing to my MPG.