Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trolling motor upgrade time

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling motor upgrade time

Ok, its time to upgrade my old maxxum 70 for a new model. Need input as to the best one to get.I am leaning toward a Terrova with all the bells and whistles, but the V2 has almost all the features needed and is 400.00$ less . Would like some input from others as to which one would you buy and bigger yet---- why ? big investment and appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrova with I-Pilot and built in transducer. You get all the features and also the option of foot control. If you don't want to use that foot control that particular day just don't plug it in and go with the remote only. If you want, you can use the foot control in concert with the remote. I've got the Terrova 80. The motorized steering took a couple of trips to get used to after using foot control cable steers or 25 years but it's not big deal now. The spot lock function is great for those of us that single pole over brush piles most of the time, especially if the wind it blowing a little.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the Terrova. Much better mount too. I didn't need the US since it won't work with down imaging but couldn't get a 55 without it. Plus like SJ said its re4ally nice to be able to use the foot pedal if you want to. You can't do that with a V-2 unless you get one of Canepole's magic boxes.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Terrova with I Pilot!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Terrova 80 with all the goodies for my 1860 Horizon and of all the purchases I have made over the years to improve my fish catching abilities, this was without a doubt the best.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Terrova 80 with iPilot and have used it twice a week for the last 6 months. I have yet to use the foot pedal on the thing, even when bass fishing I will use the iPilot remote on the lanyard around my neck. I hear the Terrova is somewhat easier to stow than the PD but I can't speak to that directly. I sometimes question if I should not have saved a few dollars and went with the Power Drive myself.

bflowers is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the PD with iPilot and love it. The spot lock is great and the record a track is great. I am getting a riptide with Ipilot for my offshore boat.
    I have never missed the foot control. thats a little getting used to but it is worth the time.
    ​COURTESY,LOYALTY,SERVICE, & HONOR

Post Thanks / Like

I too don't miss the foot control one bit. V2 with Ipilot here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I bought a Terrova 80 with all the goodies for my 1860 Horizon and of all the purchases I have made over the years to improve my fish catching abilities, this was without a doubt the best.
    x2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

X3

Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    x2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast