HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

Any one have any luck with walleyes on loz
    thanks jimmie

Post Thanks / Like

My kid has caught a few crappie fishing. maybe a 2-3 a year not caught on purpose.
    I have never caught one but he gets to fish more than me.
    A buddy told me that he caught some by a spring some where in the cove with the condos at the 38MM but we never looked for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some luck with walleye. I got 7 last weekend. Only two were keepers. I had my best look Carolina rigging crank baits.

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught them dead sticking with live shad on the edge of channels, and towards rivers before. My dad caught a ten pounder up the big niangua some five years back. Its on his wall. They're in there but there could be more for sure.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to figure out some good methods and generally favorable walleye conditions on LOZ. Wish I had more time to work on that! Does anyone troll nightcrawler rigs for them?
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I did have a little luck trolling night crawlers but I would say it was more drifting them. My best luck has been finding some main channel drops an casting to the top an working it off the drop or ledge. I have been doing something similar with crank baits lately too. I have my best luck on windy days.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info guys

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seejimfish View Post
    I did have a little luck trolling night crawlers but I would say it was more drifting them. My best luck has been finding some main channel drops an casting to the top an working it off the drop or ledge. I have been doing something similar with crank baits lately too. I have my best luck on windy days.
    Good info, Jim. What depth are your focusing on for where the main channel drops begin? I'm guessing 20-25 feet? Also, what are you throwing in there to work it off the drop/ledge (other than cranks)? Just curious. Fished walleye a bit in Canada last year but the LOZ methods are Greek to me. Thanks for any insight you can provide!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

I am actually working drops that start as shallow as 6 foot and drop from there. I am using a 5/8 sinker with a three foot leader. Crank baits have been my best but I have had some luck floating night crawlers also. When I was on the water over the weekend it looked like there was a thermalklein starting to develop. I know thay when that starts it will make the fish start to move up in the water column. I wouldn't be fishing much over 20 foot unless I was looking for suspended fish. By no means know what I am doing. I have been just playing around an this is what has been working for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I've trolled deep running crankbaits for walleye's on Bull Shoals with moderate success. I've also caught walleye's accidently on LOZ when crappie or bass fishing, but have never targeted them. May have to give this a go! Anyone had any luck trolling cranks without the weight? Or any other method? Thanks for the post, jimmie.
    Even a blind pig finds an acorn now and then.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast