Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B.W.I. @ Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Last edited by KrappieKid; 05-30-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I make it a practice to avoid booze on the water while operating a boat. Others can partake but if I am operating I don't drink. I would fight it if you think you can win, but admitting to drinking and driving on a forum is not the best defense. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet, does anyone have the name and number of a "Good" lawyer in the Hannibal/Mark Twain Lake area.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Krappiekid, why did you erase your post?

I read it just after you posted it, now makes me wonder why would you delete it? Dont get me wrong I enjoy tossing back a few beers will on the water. But I think people should know there limit. I may drink 3 or 4 but this over the entire day. I know you where not the only one out on the water drinking but you happen to be in spot at that time that the WP saw you. Or they had been watching you for sometime. I dont think being out of state had anything to do with it either.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I erased the post because I think people are getting the wrong idea. I drank 4 beers in 6 1/2 hours which would put me well within the LEGAL missouri limit of .10% to operate a boat on public waterways. I was running about half speed in my jon boat with my fiance. The officer was not able to get an accurate breathalizer and said he had no choice but to take me to jail. He said "HE WAS TIRED OF MESSING AROUND WITH ME". I passed all other field sobriety test. I am not real sure what happened with that; however, I do know that I was NOT intoxicated nor did I run anyone's family over. I feel that the real crime I was guilty of in this situation was having an out-of-state registered boat on MTL during a holiday weekend. I've seen similiar things happen on IL waters to MO boaters at Carlyle.

Like my original thread said, shortly (seconds) before I was pulled over, and in plain view of the cop, I was nearly the one who was run over by drunken boaters in a 35' ski boat going at least 50-60 mph. The cops didn't seem to be interested in this however.

I was merely asking the viewers of this forum for any advice on this particuliar charge because I don't know anyone who has ever received such a charge in Missouri. I didn't post this to get scolded from the various viewers of this forum.

Funny how no one posted any "MOTHERLY ADVICE" on the Tread titled "WHICH BEER DO YOU DRINK WHILE CRAPPIE FISHING". I guess these guys walk/swim to their fishing holes.

Not trying to sound like a smart alleck.

My Apologies.

Post Thanks / Like

Krappiekid, I wasnt trying passing judgement on you. Sounds like you didnt drink to much in my book. If the officer wasnt able to get a reading and passed all the test doesnt sound like he should of halled you in. I know it sucks when the cops ignore the obvious rule breakers. But from what you said you should be able to beat this in court. I know you are venting, because I would of just as been upset as you are if I was in your place. Good luck.
    Last edited by TAE73; 05-30-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TAE

I am sorry for sounding like a jerk.

Victim of wrong place wrong time. I knew I should have fished the north end....HA HA.

Post Thanks / Like

Nay, you will just learn to stay home on the holiday weekends.
    Ted

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get the name of the officer who arrested you?

4 beers sure doesnt seem like much, but when its hot and if you havent eaten much it can do it. Ya gota remember your b.a.c. will peak 45 minutes after your last drink

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Aint that the way it always seems to go....brow beat the little man and let the real law breakers get away with anything.I feel for ya kid dont sound like you got a fair shake.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast