Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing report from Saturday morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing report from Saturday morning

Got the boat in the water a little after nine at Normandy Lake here in Manchester. Ran about three miles up river to a favorite spot of mine. I started off with three jig poles with the usual slip bobbers and minnows. One was at eight feet , one at ten feet , one at twelve. Then i was throwing a yellow and black beetle spin to the bank and slow retrieving it. Not paying attention, looked around, only saw two bobbers. It was the pole in the middle under at 10 feet. Got the Crappie in the boat. Nice 11 inch blacknose. Welcome to the livewell. Changed the depth on all poles to 10 feet. Never got a chance to throw the beetle spin again. 31 caught by 11:50 a.m. 17 keepers, one almost 14 inches. Ran out of minnows, came home, cleaned em put them in a big pan of water and went to bed because i had worked all night. Got up to the smell of crappie. What a wonderful wife i have. We had some leftovers until last night. That was my last trip for the year. Gotta save some money to get all this work done on the boat over the winter if Santa doesn't bust my chops too bad. Take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome job fishing Big J. 17 keepers. And I'm glad everything went well with your wifes sugery. Can't wait for next year.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy good to hear your last trip was a great one. Would you mind giving us a Little more detail on the spot you caught them on?
    It might help me find them here On Pickwick lake.
    Hope you get everything fixed on the boat and your first day next year is as good as the last one.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I was on a section of lake that probably isn't sixty yards wide. One side is a rock wall going down to 40 plus feet, then comes up to a mud bank on the other side of the lake. I was about half way out in the channel over an old row of stumps and submerged branch piles. The bottom was 21 feet deep. This section was also in a bend before a long straight away.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ed. Your the first one that i told what my "real" world friends calls me and now i have several on here calling me that. Pretty cool huh? Yep, definately see you next year. I never did get to buy you that pitcher of uh, uh, "tea". Next time we meet, if we have to, we will go exploring for it if thats ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    I was on a section of lake that probably isn't sixty yards wide. One side is a rock wall going down to 40 plus feet, then comes up to a mud bank on the other side of the lake. I was about half way out in the channel over an old row of stumps and submerged branch piles. The bottom was 21 feet deep. This section was also in a bend before a long straight away.
    Thanks fatboy I know a few spots here on Pickwick has part of that. Will try them out as soon as I get to go. And hunt from there .
    Also Do you ever get to Pickwick to fish? I fish above and below the dam at Pickwick.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I have never fished there, i came by there on my way back from Arkansas fishing with Jerry in October, but have never wet a line there. I took Highway 64 across the bottom of the state because i had the time and got tired of running 90 on the interstates.

Post Thanks / Like

But i tell you what i will do, i am on a quest to fish as many lakes as i can in Tennessee next year. I will stop in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    But i tell you what i will do, i am on a quest to fish as many lakes as i can in Tennessee next year. I will stop in there.
    WEll I'm just getting started fsihing for Crappie, But your welcome in my boat if your over this way.
    And it shoud hold us. It's 20ft long 6 ft across the bottom and 8ft across the top.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, this is a fatboy your talking to. Hey, i sent you a pm. Read it.