Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: just started

Post Thanks / Like

Default just started

hey waz up well if anyone can give me tips that would b great because i am not getting any and if i do its only at the most 2 so help me please thanks

Post Thanks / Like

help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not much help

I don't know where you're from, but what I did when I started was go with people that already knew how to fish in my area. I tried different things and different approaches and found what worked for me and what I liked. I fished minnows for years and then went to jigs, which is all I use now. I recommend hiring a guide in your area for one trip and they will show you several ways they've found that work for them locally. The big thing is to go. This sounds simple, but since you have caught a few, then you have an idea of what's going on. Try different presentations, baits, and setups. Casting, verticle jigging, trolling, drifting, and or live bait. The methods are endless and even though I've been exclusively crappie fishing for 25 years, I still try to learn something everytime I go. Hope this gives you somewhere to start.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

Post Thanks / Like

one important thing is to find the depth where they are biting..use a light line with no weight and use minnows or grass shrimp..jigs will work well too but you will catch more and bigger ones with live bait..
    motor

"Just an ole sinner saved by grace."

Post Thanks / Like

BY littlecrappiekilla "i fish in indana in small lakes and im near lake michagan"

You might also try posting on the Indiana Board. Get some local help.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

kept asking questions read ,fish, a lot of work to learn anything im still paying my dues bll dance says no such thing as a unsucessful fishing trip just a learning experence for the next one good luck
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya