Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Been sick

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been sick

Caught a nasty cold late Tuesday last week. Might have gotten it from that bird poop...

To rub salt in the wound, Thursday i did some yard work for my grandmother while running a fever of 102. Caught a rash from trimming this bush, so i have been house ridden for that.

Thankfully, i got out today around 9 am. Went to Wehrspann and found the handicap pier was LOADED with folks catfishing. Made it difficult trying to cast a line without crossing others. Finally i gave up and went to the other side where i saw less people fishing. Since the wind was blowing towards the bank at my new spot, i thought i would have better luck there anyway.

The idea was to use a spinner to see if i could get a bass or crappie to take it. Didn't get anything, so i switch to a jig with a tiny piece of worm attached and still nothing. The area had a lot of submerged dead grass that was hard to spot in the muddy water, but a very ideal location for fish to spawn and be around. So i attached a bobber and slowly jerked it back to shore. i would wait 15 secs before jerking it half a foot. I would stop when the bobber would bounce up and down, but it wouldn't entirely go under. Then the bobber went under and i started to retrieve, thinking i hooked a good size bluegill.

Turned out to be a bass, didn't look like it would meet the 21" limit, but it would have been nice to get a photo though. Naturally, because i didn't think it was a bass, i didn't set the hook. So when he got close to the bank, he thrashed above the water and threw the lure out of his mouth. With the exception of a 8" bluegill, that was the only catch i had all day.

Either way, since i was sick last week, it felt good to hit the water again. The bluegill this year look better at Wehrspann than last year. The one i caught didn't have any red sores in its mouth. Still got another box of worms that i bought on the 1st, still haven't used them yet. With the 7 day forecast painting rain chances everyday. It will be hard to know when to hit the water again.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well. Hope that you are feeling better now. My back went out on me a few days ago so I am taking it easy for a few days until I can move without a lot of pain. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p